locked - time out

Bergen midday Thurs?

So - I'm sitting here in my office, freezing my posterior off, and it occurs to me... maybe I should be freezing it off outside . Unfortunately, I did not bring my bike in today, however, I am planning to bring it in tommorrow so that I can attempt a lunchtime (+/- 1.5 hours) snowride on Bergen Peak tommorrow, it could be pretty sweet as we have about 3" on the ground now, and they're saying that we could get a couple more tonight. Anyone interested in giving it a shot?

locked - time out
    You know you want to.

Fight the pow...er, uh...powder!

Cynical Bystander
    I would if I didnt live down here. I've already been out this morning slidin around in my blazer....fun stuff. (yes this is the first time I've done actual snow driving ever)
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    You know you want to.

Fight the pow...er, uh...powder!
    Sheet, I'm half tempted, but it's supposed to be 12 degrees at lunchtime tomorrow. I don't know if I own enough biking clothes to stand a ride that cold.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Sheet, I'm half tempted, but it's supposed to be 12 degrees at lunchtime tomorrow. I don't know if I own enough biking clothes to stand a ride that cold.
    Not sure that I do either - but every time I've gone out in the past, it's been good fun, and I've always been warmer than I expected. I'll probably break out the boarding gear. I suspect that we'd be able to get first tracks to boot...

icegeek is hot
    Not sure that I do either - but every time I've gone out in the past, it's been good fun, and I've always been warmer than I expected. I'll probably break out the boarding gear. I suspect that we'd be able to get first tracks to boot...
    Riding in boarding gear ... hmmm ... between that and the accumulation expected, the snow endos would be comfy.

Do you ride with snow tires? I'm not and running 2.3 Survival Pros (UST). They've been doing great on all my snow rides. But then again I haven't made freshies, much less up Bergen. Think I'd be OK with them?

locked - time out
    Riding in boarding gear ... hmmm ... between that and the accumulation expected, the snow endos would be comfy.

Do you ride with snow tires? I'm not and running 2.3 Survival Pros (UST). They've been doing great on all my snow rides. But then again I haven't made freshies, much less up Bergen. Think I'd be OK with them?
    I suspect you'd be fine - I'm running Octopus' 2.5f & 2.3r The ride could be an exercise in patience, but looking out the window, I think that it will be good fun. I'm guessing that there's not going to be more than 6" tops, and with the snow being so fresh (and untracked, probably) I'm not too worried about the crust of death.

mtbr member

Good job!

You guys are making me jealous.

Are your pants fresh?

Jealous?

Me too. (well, except for the cold part). Somehow riding in the snow downtown doesn't sound quite as appealing. First tracks or not. Stupid office buildings.
    Have fun out tomorrow if you guys go, I hear the expected low is something like -7F. Yay.

But it is nice that it's pretty empty around town.
    Like when some team is in a playoff and everyone is at home watching the game.

FP
    Last edited by Freshpants; 12-22-2004 at 03:28 PM. Reason: oh wait, it's cold

icegeek is hot
    I suspect you'd be fine - I'm running Octopus' 2.5f & 2.3r The ride could be an exercise in patience, but looking out the window, I think that it will be good fun. I'm guessing that there's not going to be more than 6" tops, and with the snow being so fresh (and untracked, probably) I'm not too worried about the crust of death.
    I see you're interested in a Christmas Eve ride too ... with a 30 degree difference, Friday's starting to look a whole lot better to me than Thursday ...

locked - time out
    I see you're interested in a Christmas Eve ride too ... with a 30 degree difference, Friday's starting to look a whole lot better to me than Thursday ...
    Yeah - after running around tonight, I'm not sure how excited I'm gonna be about riding tommorrow when it's 300 below or whatever it's supposed to be, I'll probably throw the bike on the car just in case, you never know

icegeek is hot
    Yeah - after running around tonight, I'm not sure how excited I'm gonna be about riding tommorrow when it's 300 below or whatever it's supposed to be, I'll probably throw the bike on the car just in case, you never know
    My bike's already there. WTF, I'll check back tomorrow ...

icegeek is hot
    Probably an entirely unnecessary post, but I think anyone riding around here today, much less up Bergen, would end up being listed on the 2004 Darwin Awards. If not 2004, surely sometime in 2005, due to their dangerous lack of intelligence.

Looking forward to a Christmas Eve ride ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

locked - time out
    Probably an entirely unnecessary post, but I think anyone riding around here today, much less up Bergen, would end up being listed on the 2004 Darwin Awards. If not 2004, surely sometime in 2005, due to their dangerous lack of intelligence.

Looking forward to a Christmas Eve ride ...
    Darwin award - no kidding. It was -6 when I looked out my window a minute ago, a person would have to be absolutely stupid to try to ride today. Besides, I've only got a couple hours work left before my jet-powered cyclocross bike will be completed.

Now, if I can just find a place to test it...

Christmas Eve it is.