locked - time out

Bergen / Elk Meadows

Heeding TVC15's advice, I decided to avoid riding Alderfer today and to go for something with a little more exposure instead. It doesn't appear that Bergen is going to be in good riding shape for a bit, but the sheet ice did make things exciting. For those of you running, or contemplating running HighRoller semi-slicks, they gave me better traction on the sheet ice than I would ever have thought possible - and were both fast and grippy on the dry stuff. I took some pics with the ghetto camera phone:

Pics 1,2,&3 - trail conditions

Pics 4&5 - my "action shots", picture five makes it look like my leg belongs to an 800 lb guy who hasn't worn shorts in 20 years - kinda cool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 01-24-2005 at 03:08 PM.

old skool newbie
    Those pictures aren't bad for the ol camera phone.
    You must ahve gone up further than I did on Sunday because I didn't see that much snow down the meadow way, but it was more of a family outing along hwy74 anyway, no advwntures into to the trees.
    thanks for the update with photos.
    p.s. you might try around Dediisse park, they get more southern exposure than the other trails in evergreen, but the trails aren't as nice...

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    Those pictures aren't bad for the ol camera phone.
    You must ahve gone up further than I did on Sunday because I didn't see that much snow down the meadow way, but it was more of a family outing along hwy74 anyway, no advwntures into to the trees.
    thanks for the update with photos.
    p.s. you might try around Dediisse park, they get more southern exposure than the other trails in evergreen, but the trails aren't as nice...
    Yeah - the snowy pics were taken on Meadow View, back in the trees - the other two were taken on Painter's Pause. The ride wasn't too bad, but it was definitely slicker than expected. I'll have to take a look at Dedisse next time - it's a 5 minute ride from my office.