mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Beaver Meadows DH, still snowy

I just got back from the DH trail at beaver meadows and there was over 2 ft. of snow on lots of it. It would be great if some local DH riders would help shovel some of this snow, and get the trail ready for the season. Anyone interested in maintaining a downhill trail about 1 hour from ft collins can e-mail me @ eric1bss@yahoo.com and we can coordinate some trail days. I know you guys are out there!!!

mtbr member
    You mean the "Drop Fest" course?

Have you shuttled it much before/after the actual CSU hosted race? Anybody hassle ya?
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    I'd be up for helping, but I know nothing about the place. Send me some info on it.
    Also, the Road34 or 970biking group might be interested in helping.

mtbr member
    I race for CSU and we will be doing some maint. this summer as well as closer to race time. I will post something when we go if anyone wants to join our chainsaw madness and building some doubles.

mtbr member
    I have been doing a bunch of skiing up there this year and am looking fwd to riding some up there this summer.

Do you guys know if there is a "back door" entrance to BM from deadman rd? I suspect there should be one via the Cabin Ck or Pearl Ck trails. I have been planning a large loop that would encirlcle the town of red feather as described in an older thread I started a month or so ago which would utilze some of the trails at BM. THanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    You mean the "Drop Fest" course?

Have you shuttled it much before/after the actual CSU hosted race? Anybody hassle ya?
    No hassling at all. We're lucky to even see another person. I'd love to make this the "Ft. Collins" local DH trail. There is a lot of potential for some great riding.