Thread: Beaver Meadows

mtbr member

Beaver Meadows

Looking to get some info on Beaver Meadows. I just heard a rumor that they have a trail similar to Keystone's Wild Thing at Beaver Meadows now. Is this true? I was there a couple years ago and I didn't see anything like this there.

mtbr member
    Never ridden Keystone but I highly doubt it. I ride Beaver Meadows quite a bit. Mostly just cross country single track. Not a ton of elevation, a few rocky sections, but no man made obstacles or anything.
    They've had a smattering of snow and wet weather so I don't think there's much of a riding season up there now anyway.
    "Get busy living, or get busy dieing!"

"Oldfart from Wayback"

CSU has held a DH race for several years up there

That's probably the trail you're talking about.

From 2 yrs ago

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmLzUvMsA0c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmLzUvMsA0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The trail is private however.

Gravity Guy
    The DH course onbelaydave is referring to is a lot of fun, I've raced it the past couple of years. Unfortunately, that's the only trail I know of although I'm sure there are other good trails there, I saw a lot of potential in the area.
    BMX: '00 S&M DBC
    Hardtail: '04 Norco Sasquatch
    DH: '05 Giant Faith
    Road: '01 Giant TCR2
    Trail: '08 Rocky Mtn Slayer 70

Rolling
    It's a really challenging trail this time of year.

what nice teeth you have
    The DH course isn't on one of their regulary marked trails (not on the BM trail map).
    Your best bet is to hit up the CSU race next fall or go up with them when they work on the trails over the summer.

The trail is technical and race times were from about 3-5 minutes.

Members who have read this thread: 0