Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bean FeSSt - Yahoo!

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  edemtbs 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Clay said:
I'll try to make this. Beer, SS, and messican food is a holy trinity. I'll bring the SS, but I will probably be in lycra since I don't own any baggies. What's worse - geared or lycra?:p
LOL. Whatever you do, don't bring both :p

It doesn't matter, just show up and enjoy the trails with the other FR ss nuts. It's a good time and hopefully Loud's prayers for decent weather will have some influence. It almost snowed last year, almost. I think it would have been more fun than the cold rain actually.

Ed E

#5 ·
I keep laughing everytime I see that pic with that guy circled out. I even showed it to my fiancee', but it is such high level bike geek humor, that alas....

Anyway, last year I neurotically check the weather over and over again. I finally pussed out. It seems that I remember the fear of snow more than anything. Oct 22 seems late, but your submission to the god o' sun should help out....

Are you guys gonna camp at buffalo creek? It seems that I rememver it being officially closed after labor day. All that means is free camping without water or toilets though, right?

#6 ·
You better get

Clay said:
I'll try to make this. Beer, SS, and messican food is a holy trinity. I'll bring the SS, but I will probably be in lycra since I don't own any baggies. What's worse - geared or lycra?:p
you some baggies Clay. Clearance racks at Target is where I get all my bike clothing :thumbsup: Then I can afford new bikes and slowerthansnot's expensive whiskey.

#7 ·
Clay said:
Are you guys gonna camp at buffalo creek? It seems that I remember it being officially closed after labor day. All that means is free camping without water or toilets though, right?
We'll take up at one of the dispersed spots along 550, most likely the staging location. There is a fair bit of room in the pull out, a few spots over the cable fence as well as tons of room beyond the locked gate at the far end of the pull out.

#11 ·
Loudpawlz said:
We'll take up at one of the dispersed spots along 550, most likely the staging location. There is a fair bit of room in the pull out, a few spots over the cable fence as well as tons of room beyond the locked gate at the far end of the pull out.
so to get to the staging area we need to exit at the main parking (pay) lot and continue down the dirt road to a designated campground? just not sure where shinglemill starts. thanks.

#12 ·
Veruca Salt said:
so to get to the staging area we need to exit at the main parking (pay) lot and continue down the dirt road to a designated campground? just not sure where shinglemill starts. thanks.
Here you go. Red dot = Bean FeSSt central.. ~2 miles from the pay lot on the right hand side there is a largish parking area. That's where the trailhead starts and where we'll be setting up.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
Update

Alpha Bicycle Company http://alphabicycle.com/ is going to pitch in again for this year's Bean FeSSt. There will probably be a raffle, some technical support if you need it and maybe even a couple of loaner/demo bikes.

Here's a map and directions in case you don't know where the Shinglemill trailhead is.

Directions from Denver:
Hwy 285 to CR 126 at Pine Junction. Left on CR 126 to FR 550. Right on 550 to Shinglemill trailhead

Directions from Colorado Springs:
I-25 North to the Hwy 85 exit on the North end of Castle Rock. Hwy 85 to Sedalia. Left at Sedalia on CR 67. CR 67 up and over to Deckers. Right at Deckers on CR 126 to FR 550. Left on 550 to Shinglemill trailhead. Hwy 67 North from Woodland Park isn't due to reopen until the end of October

Attachments

#22 ·
Just FYI, I called the ranger station and they said "a fair amount of snow" at Buff creek, probably got 8-10 earlier in the week and it's snowing today and tomm she said but not much accum. expected.

I'm gonna stay home so you guys have fun!

#25 ·
kchri said:
I don't have a SS, so I'm out.
I don't have any beans, so I guess I'm really out.
I'm bringing a spare bike, that'll you'll fit on. Bring a block of cheese and some beer and no one will notice the lack of beans.

But I think you are only making excuses. Joe is coming, and not only is Joe riding gears, but he has also elected to help me throw logs on the fire and shovel snow from the trails tomorrow night.

#26 ·
edemtbs said:
And your gearie friends are welcome but they should be prepared to suffer some occassional if minor kidding about their complicated and fussy gears...

I have my sunshine request submitted to the Sun gods.

Ed E
My multi-geared bike always is in a single-speed at any given time... except those times here my derailuer can't decide!

I think your wishes for the Sun came out today.... Should've requested a dry night too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.