Yappy little dog!

BC Patrol season is here!

Let the Summer Buffalo Creek patrol season begin!

But first we pause for this brief advertisement courtesy of Team Evergreen. A new parking lot deserves a new facility.

And there's plenty of help to let it out.

I got to ride with Chuck one last time before he heads back to BASTIN. Nice riding with you dude and we'll do it again once you return. Good luck with school.

Though it seemed to be raining everywhere else, that mysterious blue hole was directly over Buffalo Creek again. What a wild microclimate!

Only problem with that is the sun tends to heat up the climb.

A rare opportunity to post a picture of myself on a bike, including my round side.

The CT was bustling (as was most of BC) with riders and just a few hikers. It was really great to see entire families out there enjoying the ride.

We helped quite a few people find their way, though we did give slightly wrong directions to a group of singlespeeders. If you are on this board, sorry. We meant left, not right.

NF Fire District Lot - 543 - Shinglemill - CT - Redskin Creek - Gashouse (towards Baldy - too pooped for another climb) - 543 - lower Sandywash - 543 - Fire Lot (20 Miles)

nice marmot.
    curious about the "BC patrol." what services are you providing? what defines you as "patrol?" associations? sponsorships? and no, i am not a lawyer!!
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by upmtnsinbreck
    curious about the "BC patrol." what services are you providing? what defines you as "patrol?" associations? sponsorships? and no, i am not a lawyer!!
    http://www.frmbp.org - fully sanctioned by the USFS South Platte Ranger District

http://www.imba.com/nmbp/index.html

We provide courtesy, directions, water, bike help, and in rare cases first aid. We are also an extra set of eyes and ears for the USFS in BC (we carry a two way radio for emergencies). We are ambassadors of mountain biking to all users of the trails. Good will = more trails.

Many more things, too. I'm sure Keith and Stu will chime in here.

nice marmot.
    very cool. i applaud you!!
    Q. how many kids with A.D.D. does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. i don't know, ya wanna go ride bikes?

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Is there a Buffalo Creek trail map available or does one have to carry the PNF map?

Curtis

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis C
    Is there a Buffalo Creek trail map available or does one have to carry the PNF map?

Curtis
    Sure. The latest map is here. Lot's of different sizes you can print out. Hopefully, someone will spring for a kiosk at the new parking area.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Thanks I will have to talk my buddy into heading over for a ride. Looks like a nice place.
    Where is the new parking area located?
    Curtis

Yappy little dog!
    Thanks I will have to talk my buddy into heading over for a ride. Looks like a nice place.
    Where is the new parking area located?
    Curtis
    Turn onto 543 and about 2/10 of a mile past the BC Rec Center. This is ACROSS from the old parking area and the USFS work center. Please DO NOT PARK in the old lot. It is private property.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Could someone recommend a mellow route for a fairly new biker. It would be our first time up to ride the area. Prolly be good for about 15 mile round trip to start with. May consider a shorter trip later if the first trip go fast.

Curtis

Yappy little dog!
    Could someone recommend a mellow route for a fairly new biker. It would be our first time up to ride the area. Prolly be good for about 15 mile round trip to start with. May consider a shorter trip later if the first trip go fast.

Curtis
    You could do an out and back on the Colorado Trail. Park at the Little Scraggy parking lot and ride west to meadows campground and then back. That's a nice ride. If you are still hungry, you can do the Buffalo Burn trail which is just south from the parking area. That will give you some out of tree riding as well.

You can also park at the new fire lot and ride up 543 to Gashouse. Then up gashouse and down miller gulch to charlies cutoff to sandywash to 543. The last route will be a very fast decent.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Schnauzers, Thanks for the recomendation
    I watched your Colorado Trail video from Oct 06. Looks like my kinda trail. Is that the type of trail your are sending me to?

Thanks again, Curtis

Yappy little dog!
    Schnauzers, Thanks for the recomendation
    I watched your Colorado Trail video from Oct 06. Looks like my kinda trail. Is that the type of trail your are sending me to?

Thanks again, Curtis

Yeah. Do the CT for your first shot as an out and back. It will at least help you get the lay of the land. If I were in town this weekend, I would show you around. The family has roped me into a Disney vacation.

Shread Ready
    Right on schnauzers.. Your the BC Dude 4 sure. I know who to be looking for now in case I'm ever riding up there and have some problems.