Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE

bad day (really bad)

today i went to go biking and on the way there i got a speeding ticket for doing 84 in a 65, fines doubled, construction zone. (which is definately not good considering i'm 17). that made me late in getting to where i was going. thank god the guy was nice to me and didn't give me the full ticket but only 4pts. and $68 fine.(could you imagine how bad that would have been if i had the full fine or been doing 20 over.)

then i made it to where i was going biking and after about an hour of riding i decided to do this sweet road gap. i had never attempted it before, so i didn't know how much speed i needed. yep cased it. and i guess it was pretty rough too. but i don't understand how i didn't crash, just bounced and landed back on the bike. major damage though.(thank god i work at a bike shop)

-10 spokes replaced
    -hangar
    -deralluer (don't know how to spell it)
    -chain
    -cassette
    -cable
    -housing

then i couldn'y continue biking so i took pics (using my friends camera so i dont have them) and stood around.

then when we were going to leave he told me of some ladder trails that were up the road somewhere but he didn't know where. so we went looking for them and i found them. this also sucked because i love skinnies and couldn't ride them. took some pics of them and went home. later i went to my LBS to get the rig fixed.

the only thing good about my day was the weather.

1. the damage (not good pic)
    2. the gap (going across the path)
    3. skinnies
    4. skinnies
    Attached Images Attached Images

screw road bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    today i went to go biking and on the way there i got a speeding ticket for doing 84 in a 65, fines doubled, construction zone. (which is definately not good considering i'm 17). that made me late in getting to where i was going. thank god the guy was nice to me and didn't give me the full ticket but only 4pts. and $68 fine.(could you imagine how bad that would have been if i had the full fine or been doing 20 over.)

then i made it to where i was going biking and after about an hour of riding i decided to do this sweet road gap. i had never attempted it before, so i didn't know how much speed i needed. yep cased it. and i guess it was pretty rough too. but i don't understand how i didn't crash, just bounced and landed back on the bike. major damage though.(thank god i work at a bike shop)

-10 spokes replaced
    -hangar
    -deralluer (don't know how to spell it)
    -chain
    -cassette
    -cable
    -housing

then i couldn'y continue biking so i took pics (using my friends camera so i dont have them) and stood around.

then when we were going to leave he told me of some ladder trails that were up the road somewhere but he didn't know where. so we went looking for them and i found them. this also sucked because i love skinnies and couldn't ride them. took some pics of them and went home. later i went to my LBS to get the rig fixed.

the only thing good about my day was the weather.

1. the damage (not good pic)
    2. the gap (going across the path)
    3. skinnies
    4. skinnies

Bad day eh? least you got to ride at all well, looks sick anyway, and are the p-folk gnarcorely pissed about the ticket?
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    Bad day eh? least you got to ride at all well, looks sick anyway, and are the p-folk gnarcorely pissed about the ticket?
    actually not too pissed at all.when are we going to go and continue building?

screw road bikes
    actually not too pissed at all.when are we going to go and continue building?
    whenever, i get off at 1:15 every day this week, and can pick when i want to work at this point. let me know
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

whenever, i get off at 1:15 every day this week, and can pick when i want to work at this point. let me know
    i can go whenever except tom., tues and thurs. (bike fix, mock trial practice=so gay, mock trial practice=so gay)

eci
    whered you go riding at? those look like some fun stuff. kinda colorado springs esque

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    whered you go riding at? those look like some fun stuff. kinda colorado springs esque
    That's cuz it is Colorado Springs.

Corbin that sucks about the bike man, Keaton showed me some of the pics from when you guys were riding. You guys should have given me a call! lol
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I hade no idea landing short on that gap would do that, its good I didn't. Are you gonna try it again?
    Style will always rule

Yeti AS-X $1,500.00
    Registration for races $29.86 each
    Making podium without a sponsorship Priceless

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmen
    I hade no idea landing short on that gap would do that, its good I didn't. Are you gonna try it again?
    Is this Jordan?

Here's a better view of the size of this gap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmen
    why the h3ll wouldn't i. doing someting again after crashing on it is what biking is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Is this Jordan?

thanks for the clarification of the size of the gap tony.

screw road bikes
    thanks for the clarification of the size of the gap tony.
    I concur.....We definitely needed the red circles to figure it out, definitely.
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

I concur.....We definitely needed the red circles to figure it out, definitely.
    well i was being serious it did show a bit better of an angle though
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 01-24-2005 at 04:45 PM.

screw road bikes
    well i was being serious
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Cynical Bystander
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy
    Alex. Shutup.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You cased the 26th street gap? ouch, its a fun one, we got videos of it www.krazykow.com/videos/comcredone.wmv and have you guys seen jacob B session that gap???? People thought keaton was good on it.
    Jacob no footered the 1st day he did it, 1 handered it and tri starred it (no footer, one hander) and hes the only person I have seen do a no footer up the big step up (not in any of the vids)

and all you guys need to see this new gap we're workings on off of fillmore hill, it like 25 high and 20 long, HUGE, over a road not just a trail.

We got to have one big sesh over at the 26th street jumps once they are dry.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    actually go to this video http://www.krazykow.com/videos/comc.wmv same video different version and check out www.krazykow.com

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8kid33
    actually go to this video http://www.krazykow.com/videos/comc.wmv same video different version and check out www.krazykow.com
    That whole place looks like so much fun.

screw road bikes
    You cased the 26th street gap? ouch, its a fun one, we got videos of it www.krazykow.com/videos/comcredone.wmv and have you guys seen jacob B session that gap???? People thought keaton was good on it.
    Jacob no footered the 1st day he did it, 1 handered it and tri starred it (no footer, one hander) and hes the only person I have seen do a no footer up the big step up (not in any of the vids)

You have an interesting fascination with this jacob character.

I'm sure he's a good rider....but style rules all, I'd much rather watch Keaton get completely flat and sideways(he's notorious for this) off of it than a no footer, ect.

Nice Vid's btw I enjoyed em'
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You have an interesting fascination with this jacob character.

I'm sure he's a good rider....but style rules all, I'd much rather watch Keaton get completely flat and sideways(he's notorious for this) off of it than a no footer, ect.

Nice Vid's btw I enjoyed em'
    no more of a fascination than you do with keaton, hes just a friend of mine who is good, I like keaton too as he is good, but when i was there all I heard was people talking about how great keaton was when my buddy was laying it flat, and doing all those tricks. and he was doing it on a worse bike, I just wanted to let all those people see that yeah keaton is good actually really good but hes not the best and only one with DH and FR skill in this city, as many people act like

screw road bikes
    no more of a fascination than you do with keaton, hes just a friend of mine who is good, I like keaton too as he is good, but when i was there all I heard was people talking about how great keaton was when my buddy was laying it flat, and doing all those tricks. and he was doing it on a worse bike, I just wanted to let all those people see that yeah keaton is good actually really good but hes not the best and only one with DH and FR skill in this city, as many people act like

Point taken... But I can't stand listening to someone talk about some other person like he can out-do everyone.....just a peeve of mine, so I took it upon myself to add some balance(probably stupid on my part). And don't give us that crap about having a worse bike....It's all rider, bike has little to do with it.

I've witnessed both ride, and both can lay it down well as far as I'm concerned.

And hell, I don't even live in the springs
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Point taken... But I can't stand listening to someone talk about some other person like he can out-do everyone.....just a peeve of mine, so I took it upon myself to add some balance(probably stupid on my part). And don't give us that crap about having a worse bike....It's all rider, bike has little to do with it.

I've witnessed both ride, and both can lay it down well as far as I'm concerned.

And hell, I don't even live in the springs

lets just drop it, we both took the things each other said out of context I think, I am not gonna sit here and argue over my friend and his skill level. I also kinda made him seem good because I want more people to go to our website, and I thought some people may wanna see some other good riders hit that drop and those jumps.

BIKES!!!!
    Mar 2004
    i give mad props to jacob, him and i have to tottally different styles of riding. its no competition, people know me and people know him.

I do small drops.
    Hey, I'm from Mo' Town up north of you guys, and was wondering where exactly that is, cause as fun as the local trails are, their covered in snow and we could do them backwards and blindfolded any more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Is this Jordan?

Yeah, its me. that gap is tight.
    Style will always rule

Yeti AS-X $1,500.00
    Registration for races $29.86 each
    Making podium without a sponsorship Priceless

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast