theHeadlessThompsonGunner

Backbone is an SSer's paradise.

What a place! I can't believe I waited so damn long to ride there, and even more so, on a day as crowded as today was (FULL parking lot--common?). Anywhoo, beautiful day, awesome riding partner--met up with Debaser at the apex, and rode half the trail with him--even with the crowds. Thanks, ya'll!

Stefan
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Perpetually single track
    depends on when you go, but the times when I've been there the parking lot is usually empty.

Feeding your addiction

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    What a place! I can't believe I waited so damn long to ride there, and even more so, on a day as crowded as today was (FULL parking lot--common?). Anywhoo, beautiful day, awesome riding partner--met up with Debaser at the apex, and rode half the trail with him--even with the crowds. Thanks, ya'll!

Stefan
    Told you so Yeah, it's a great place and I'm a very lucky man to have that so close. I can lock up the shop and be on the trail in 5 minutes. Heard it was unusually crowded earlier in the day, it's not normally like that. It's getting much busier than it used to be though. During the week it's pretty empty, especially mid to late afternoon which is when I typically ride it. I rode from 4:30-5:45 today and by the time I came down there was only a group of 3 hikers right at the very bottom, had the whole downhill to myself. Definitely a fun single-speed ride, get's a little rough in spots with a rigid fork, but the lower stuff is absolutely perfect single-speed terrain and the climb in the middle is hard but luckily not too long. Sorry I couldn't join you guys today, come up again and we'll go for a spin.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com