mtbr member

back in the saddle again

I'm giddy as a school girl and have to tell someone...
    I had shoulder surgery last December to reattach my labrum with a couple of anchors (SLAP tear). Forecasted 6 month recovery time--ugggghhhh. Well, yesterday I saw the surgeon for my 3 month post op and he cleared me back onto the bike. I started running about 2-3 weeks ago and that was lung buster, and truth be told I cheated last weekend and hit up Monument for 30 minutes on the bike which darn near caused me to lose a lung. But regardless I’m pretty excited to be cleared back to riding. I still have another 10% of mobility to get back and probably 30-40% in strength to get back. It will also take a while to get the cardo I lost while sitting around doing nothing for almost 3 months.
    Anyways…yeaaa me!
    Now if Criterium will just get in that new Kronolog I need to buy me a present!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Congrats on your return. Great feeling, isn't it?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    That's great. Be careful when you ride though. I wouldn't take a lot chances. You don't want to set yourself back. I'm coming back from ankle surgery last fall. I'm stoked because I went on a long ride at the cone this past weekend without pain and a two hour road ride yesterday without pain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    been missing those dog cam vids too.