Your bike is incorrigible

Aurora wilderness???

So two days ago it was a rattler. Today it was a four foot bull snake and coyote. I have seen more wildlife riding in Aurora than I have riding in the mountains. Maybe I should just sell my mt bikes and become a roadie!

friend of Apex
    I get harassed by the coyotes behind my house on Big Dry Creek just about every night.
    BAYAIAIAIAIAIAIAI like a Mexican grito

They are just bolder (and/or more used to peeps and thier pets) in the 'burbs, not more plentiful.
    They can hide well in the woods, they are still there. Let me know when you see an 80lb cat by your house, that'd be news.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    I get harassed by the coyotes behind my house on Big Dry Creek just about every night.
    BAYAIAIAIAIAIAIAI like a Mexican grito

They are just bolder (and/or more used to peeps and thier pets) in the 'burbs, not more plentiful.
    They can hide well in the woods, they are still there. Let me know when you see an 80lb cat by your house, that'd be news.
    Once saw a black bear in Boulder over kind of near Lucky's on Broadway. It was about 8am, and he was running through a trailer camp.

I think I'd rather not see a big cat. Those are the one type of wildlife that scares me.

not actually bad :)
    Let me know when you see an 80lb cat by your house, that'd be news.
    Talk to gimpy boy - I mean IE.
    Old Codger

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Talk to gimpy boy - I mean IE.
    He's in Saudi Aurora?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member

prong horn

saw about 8-10 of the things.

not actually bad :)
    He's in Saudi Aurora?
    Well no, but he's seen a cat in his yard/neighborhood.
    Old Codger

I lost serious cred with my tale tale of a monster rattler. However, you might just believe this:

Was living in Albuquerque and decided to hike up to Sandia Crest. Afterward, came down in the gondola. There was some operator/ tourist guide dude telling all the tourismos about this and that. Looked down and saw a huge cat just below the gondola. Out of about twenty people onboard, maybe four actually looked down to see the cat.

Got me thinking, though, about hiking alone.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I think I'd rather not see a big cat. Those are the one type of wildlife that scares me.
    I bet the big cat has seen you!

ARC Driver
    So two days ago it was a rattler. Today it was a four foot bull snake and coyote. I have seen more wildlife riding in Aurora than I have riding in the mountains. Maybe I should just sell my mt bikes and become a roadie!
    There's good riding in aurora?

Quote Originally Posted by pbbullpup
    There's good riding in aurora?
    Not at all. But you do get to see wildlife.

I just do this loop around the c-creek res that includes a bunch of dirt on the southern end. It's 20 miles, and I can do it to and from my front door.

ARC Driver
    hmm 20 miles might make it worth it. How much of it is dirt?

Does this include those "wilderness trails" that MTBs are no longer allowed on?

Quote Originally Posted by pbbullpup
    hmm 20 miles might make it worth it. How much of it is dirt?

Does this include those "wilderness trails" that MTBs are no longer allowed on?
    All I know is I ride down to the RTD station, west below the dam, south by the schools, then it's on dirt for about six or seven miles. There's a path that parallels Belleview and runs just west of the gun range. Then there is a cutoff that all the horses take. You finally hit the southern section of C-Creek path, ride it down for a hundred yards, then off to the east on a little section of singletrack. Finally, coming back along the dirt trail that parallels the paved path, then past the gun range on the east side and exit at Cottonwood trail head. Then I just ride back on the road to the C-Creek path that follows Parker.

It's nothing special, just something I've managed to piece together for my amusement when I don't feel like driving.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    All I know is I ride down to the RTD station, west below the dam, south by the schools, then it's on dirt for about six or seven miles. There's a path that parallels Belleview and runs just west of the gun range. Then there is a cutoff that all the horses take. You finally hit the southern section of C-Creek path, ride it down for a hundred yards, then off to the east on a little section of singletrack. Finally, coming back along the dirt trail that parallels the paved path, then past the gun range on the east side and exit at Cottonwood trail head. Then I just ride back on the road to the C-Creek path that follows Parker.

It's nothing special, just something I've managed to piece together for my amusement when I don't feel like driving.
    I live right at Cher Cr and ride this once in awhile also when I can't get west. To up the challenge/interest, take off at dusk , bring the front beam and ride it in the dark. See how many rabbits you can squash. Though I just have a 5"FS bike, this is perfect singlespeed hardtail terrain. Ride it at speed, it's pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolbury
    I live right at Cher Cr and ride this once in awhile also when I can't get west. To up the challenge/interest, take off at dusk , bring the front beam and ride it in the dark. See how many rabbits you can squash. Though I just have a 5"FS bike, this is perfect singlespeed hardtail terrain. Ride it at speed, it's pretty fun.
    No way! I have to ride down Peoria and cross Parker to get to the path. I'm not riding that at night!