go big
    Jan 2004

Attn. C Springs Dher, Freeriders

what up does anybody out their want to shuttle palmer park? i have been riding some ok lines in the park nothing to nasty exept the trip back up to the top some shuttling would fix that. lets shuttle in the little park untell the big mnt lines dry out... what do you think?

rr
    I don't do PC

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket
    what up does anybody out their want to shuttle palmer park? i have been riding some ok lines in the park nothing to nasty exept the trip back up to the top some shuttling would fix that. lets shuttle in the little park untell the big mnt lines dry out... what do you think?
    Come on man!, its not like your climbing 1000 ft., its only a couple hundred feet at the most. Ride up and earn your drops!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am down but don't have a truck. Maybe, this coming sunday afternoon? I usually just ride the road up when I take my big bike to palmer.

Card Carrying Member
    LOL, shuttle Palmer. No offense, man, but that's pretty lazy no matter WHAT bike you're on. That's even lazy for ME and as everyone knows, I'm a lazy bast@rd.

coloradospringsracing.com

You

Are a pinhead.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The pinheads are the dudes that I've seen shuttling there on dh bikes full armor and blazing down the green xc trails that are all bermed out, you know the ones.

Call me a pu55y if you want, but between sessioning the drop areas and riding a big bike, I only get 3-4 full up and down runs when pedalling both ways(I only usuallly have time to ride for 1.5-2 hrs).

If this dude, and I am willing to participate, wants to get in 8-10 runs down technical palmer trails in the same amount of time, why does that deserve anymore bashing than shuttling jones instead of riding up goldcamp(both of which I've done).

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiMana
    why does that deserve anymore bashing than shuttling jones instead of riding up goldcamp(both of which I've done).
    hehe, apples and oranges my friend.

Two words... HIGH VISIBILITY Oh wait, a couple more- lame shuttle.
    Last edited by kitchenware; 03-10-2004 at 12:57 PM.

rr
    I don't do PC
    why does that deserve anymore bashing than shuttling jones instead of riding up goldcamp(both of which I've done).
    Lets see, 3 or 4 runs at 100-150 ft of climbing each run, or, OVER 3000 ft. climbing from High Drive lot. I don't think anyone would give you sh!t for shuttling Jones, but Palmer-LOL.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I haven't ever shuttled palmer and don't know if I ever will, but what f^cking difference does it make if u discretly shuttle it with a few guys once out of the 20 times a year u ride there.

It is scaring the hikers at mach speeds with full armor that is bad visibility, and it hardly matters how u get to the top when that happens.

rr
    I don't do PC
    what f^cking difference does it make if u discretly shuttle it with a few guys once out of the 20 times a year u ride there
    The runs are so short I would think it would be a pain in the arss, but whatever floats your boat. By the way, climbing=better fitness=stronger rider=better DHer

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Who ever said I was a DHer, I am an XC freak that just likes going down

But seriously, I pretty much agree with you, I just wish I had 3 free hrs to ride so that I could ride all the trails I like at palmer and still hit the drop areas.

Oh, and I am just fiesty today because my boss is pissing me off.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Who ever said I was a DHer, I am an XC freak that just likes going down

But seriously, I pretty much agree with you, I just wish I had 3 free hrs to ride so that I could ride all the trails I like at palmer and still hit the drop areas.

Oh, and I am just fiesty today because my boss is pissing me off.
    Amen brother!, I love riding Palmer and the techy drops.

go big
    Jan 2004
    Just a thought the big bike with a 44 tooth just dont like to go up. shoot i cant evan get her to speed with the lack of steeps, and too many grandmas. but like dude said you could get alot more runs out of youre time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

go big
    Jan 2004
    Just a thought the big bike with a 44 tooth just dont like to go up. shoot i cant evan get her to speed with the lack of steeps, and too many grandmas. but like dude said you could get alot more runs out of youre time.
    small bike like too climb lets do barr trail sometime

go big
    Jan 2004
    small bike like too climb lets do barr trail sometime
    medium likes big kickers.
    but hey it dont matter i just love too ride mainly doun and fast, but up is ok too. so what ever youre riding just dont leave me out!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

How do I get to Palmer Park?

but hey it dont matter i just love too ride mainly doun and fast, but up is ok too. so what ever youre riding just dont leave me out!!!
    If coming south on I25 from Castle Rock? Might join you guys.

PattD

Cynical Bystander
    Hey rocky, just wondering...but what do you actually do for a job? seems like you've spent a lot on bikes in the past few months.

BTW, I wouldn't mind shuttling Palmer Park sometime, but seeing as how I'm in school almost all the time, aren't old enough to drive, and live far away its kind of hard, lol. Maybe this weekend?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

go big
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Hey rocky, just wondering...but what do you actually do for a job? seems like you've spent a lot on bikes in the past few months.

BTW, I wouldn't mind shuttling Palmer Park sometime, but seeing as how I'm in school almost all the time, aren't old enough to drive, and live far away its kind of hard, lol. Maybe this weekend?
    Tony I do HVAC for a job i make good mony doin it. but all that flow goes to wife and kids rent food and crap like that.

but if you had been paying attn. you would know that all the mony I have been spending on mtb. came from what i got when i sold off my mx bikes when i quit racing, becouse of all the tradagys. i witnessed last racing season in that sceane. 1 death and sevreal of my freinds had life threatning injories. but i couldnt stop riding (born to ride)
    anyway mtb is a way cool sceane and i love it here peace out

Cynical Bystander
    Tony I do HVAC for a job i make good mony doin it. but all that flow goes to wife and kids rent food and crap like that.

but if you had been paying attn. you would know that all the mony I have been spending on mtb. came from what i got when i sold off my mx bikes when i quit racing, becouse of all the tradagys. i witnessed last racing season in that sceane. 1 death and sevreal of my freinds had life threatning injories. but i couldnt stop riding (born to ride)
    anyway mtb is a way cool sceane and i love it here peace out
    How many kids do you have?
    Sorry, i'm just not an observant person, it always seemed like you were a bike guru who had awesome skills and does mad **** in the air . I had heard from Keaton that you used to race mx but that's all I knew about it. That sucks that you saw all of that stuff last season. Were you a pretty good racer?
    late
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

go big
    Jan 2004
    How many kids do you have?
    Sorry, i'm just not an observant person, it always seemed like you were a bike guru who had awesome skills and does mad **** in the air . I had heard from Keaton that you used to race mx but that's all I knew about it. That sucks that you saw all of that stuff last season. Were you a pretty good racer?
    late
    thats cool bro who am i too be observed any way!!!
    just a smelly bike thrashing puke.
    but youre ansewers are as folowes
    2 step kids girls. 1 blood kid girl and 1 kid on the way hopfully a boy
    cant seem to get it right.
    I turned pro last year and was labeled as one of aztecs best riders. thats when things started to get nasty. that leavel is just to fast and peaple are pushing the limmets to hard.
    i dont want to be pushed when i ride i ride for fun and myself not these crazy promorters who dont evan know what riding is about. plus i like meeting peaple who like too ride as mutch as me. you dont find that that in the mx sceane they are all trying to prove somthing their,and mxers just think their better than everyone else. the peaple i meet on mtbikes just LOVE to ride regardless of their skill leaval and thats what its all about.
    spelling is not my stroung point

Cynical Bystander
    thats cool bro who am i too be observed any way!!!
    just a smelly bike thrashing puke.
    but youre ansewers are as folowes
    2 step kids girls. 1 blood kid girl and 1 kid on the way hopfully a boy
    cant seem to get it right.
    I turned pro last year and was labeled as one of aztecs best riders. thats when things started to get nasty. that leavel is just to fast and peaple are pushing the limmets to hard.
    i dont want to be pushed when i ride i ride for fun and myself not these crazy promorters who dont evan know what riding is about. plus i like meeting peaple who like too ride as mutch as me. you dont find that that in the mx sceane they are all trying to prove somthing their,and mxers just think their better than everyone else. the peaple i meet on mtbikes just LOVE to ride regardless of their skill leaval and thats what its all about.
    spelling is not my stroung point
    That's cool dude. Do you want to ride Palmer this weekend maybe, or just hit up the bmx track or something if the weather gets good soon?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

go big
    Jan 2004
    That's cool dude. Do you want to ride Palmer this weekend maybe, or just hit up the bmx track or something if the weather gets good soon?
    shure dude i still think shutlling from the lookout point would be cool. but whatevers clever. after this little snow were getting tonight its supposed to get desent. late

Cynical Bystander
    shure dude i still think shutlling from the lookout point would be cool. but whatevers clever. after this little snow were getting tonight its supposed to get desent. late
    That'd be cool, i've only been to the lazy land picnic area and some spots near there. hopefully all the snow will melt tomorrow morning.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I hate to say this, but I don't see the point of shuttling Palmer Park! I mean it only takes a mere 45 minutes to loop the whole park...What is 2 minutes of uphill(=10 minutes of hike-a-bike?) And shuttling up Jone's or Captain Jack's; if you are going to take either one of those down, it is more rewarding to work up a little sweat by taking Columbine or GC....Like either one of those are really hard climbs....Speaking of a good climb, if anyone wants to make the trip up to Jone's a real challenge, try taking St. Mary's Falls instead of GC...