mtbr member

Attention 5/9/07 post-work Apex riders!!

I'm trying to track down a really tall middle aged dude that was riding a red Intense full squish XC bike on Apex today at around 7:15ish. You/he was wearing a red jersey and kindly gave me a tube after I ripped a gash in my tubeless tire and realized I had left my spare tube in the car. I was riding a Mountain Cycle Rumble hardtail and had a green striped shirt on.

I would like to mail him/you a tube in gratitude. Didn't look for him/you in the parking lot because I ate major sh$%t coming off of the trail (see other thread) and had to limp back to my car at Chimney Gulch in a lot of pain.

PM me or maybe someone can PM me his contact info. Can't let a favor like that go unpaid.

Thanks!

Rolling
    I think you have some Karma credit here. Only a small fraction of people are on mtbr

Nice compliment though.

mtbr member
    Yep, nice comment! You may not ever get hold of the dude, but just pay it forward next time someone needs your help Sorry about the rash! Heal quick!

mtbr member
    I'm tall, I ride a black tracer and I was at white ranch yesterday. How about mailing me the tube? I could use some new tires and brake pads, too.

Goofing off?
    Just after the snow I gave a guy with a broken hand a tube patch on Mathew Winters. I will take a tube as well.

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    carry an extra tube and pass it on as needed to someone else...

old enough to know better

Karma good

You're way better than the guy that whined and took two of my tubes on Porcupine Rim and never said thanks. (His only saving grace is that he is a good and supportive friend of another friend of mine.)

On the other hand, I'll always remember the gent who gave me the quick link this winter and saved my day. (Thanks JimboCO!)

Bottom line: you're right to show gratitude. Even if you find your good samaritan, pay it forward to the next person.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. It's too bad I probably won't be able to pay this guy back, but I'll be sure to pay our collective self back when I see someone in need on the trail.

VooDoo user.
    SO were either of you shuttling Apex and not yielding to uphillers???

Sorry just had to ask. Can't let a Apex thread go without bringing it up.

Living the High Life
    nice
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

... and if we just ... That Was Me Man !

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    SO were either of you shuttling Apex and not yielding to uphill-ers???
    Sorry just had to ask. Can't let a Apex thread go without bringing it up.
    I was. I can't help it, I'm really fat and too out of shape to ride up. But, I love rad downhills man; and wow you up-hillers really rip my flow if I have to slow down to pass you !