I think I can.

We the people ... Article Shooting Pike NF

This was such a good read I thought more of you would like to see it.

http://www.outtherecolorado.com/blog...red-trees.html

Make sure to leave a comment even if you don't agree

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Rigid in Evergreen
    It's definitely a problem. Considering ammunition costs today, the cost to shoot at a proper range is trivial... unfortunately they are right, public ranges are anything but plentiful.

Of course even if public ranges were plentiful, that doesn't solve the problem with whiskey-swilling idiots. Maybe JeffCo could loan them some of their MTB / game cameras

mtbr member

Shooters in Buffalo Creek

The Buffalo Creek Recreation Area near Pine, Colorado, is one of the best mountain biking areas in the state, with a network of eighteen interconnected trails running for many miles through the woods and across open meadows over undulating terrain with terrific vistas. It is located in the Pike National Forest, and local rangers there are strongly supportive of maintaining existing routes and creating new mountain bike trails. Recently the Colorado Mountain Bike Alliance (CoMBA) opened the new Raspberry Ridge and Black Jack trails there. Last Friday I and three others were doing preliminary flagging for one of several proposed new trails which will run in the valleys on the south side of the Colorado Trail. We were not surprised to hear almost incessant gunfire as we walked through the woods. We happened upon a campsite strewn with beer cans and trash. The area was littered with dozens of shotgun shells and rifle cartridges. Many of the trees in the vicinity had been blasted apart by gun fire. We cleaned up what we could carry out.

I think I can.

Just a thought

Maybe we should start organizing clean up days providing safety gear and dumpsters, all cost being reimbursed by the NRA.

Think they would support us?

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO View Post
    Maybe we should start organizing clean up days providing safety gear and dumpsters, all cost being reimbursed by the NRA.

Think they would support us?
    I think you would be surprised. This negative press is no better for them than the negative press was from the clowns building illegal trails on Flagstaff mountain for IMBA, COMBA and the BMA.

friend of Apex
    You tryin to take my freedums away?
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm an NRA life member and a tree hugging liberal...

Just like a few loose cannons in the mountain biking community give everyone a bad name and get trails closed. Uneducated and careless individuals with firearms do it a lot louder and faster!