mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Apex Conditions 2/25?

I wana hit up Apex and Enchanted Forest in Golden today, anyone know the conditions of these trails? Thanks!

mtbr member
    I road Apex up to Sluicebox and back down Pick and Sledge Tuesday...good to go (a couple muddy/snowy spots...keep it in the center of the trail for those)...

The backside of Grubstake and Enchanted likely still have some snow throughout (judging by the shady spots on the main gut of Apex)...Matthew Winter, Dakota Ridge and Zoro are all good to go too!

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Mud

Rode there yesterday for the first time since early November. It is in suprisingly good shape, despite looking like people have been riding it all winter. If you hit Sluicebox and Pick and Sledge you can almost completely avoid eroding trail, even the main vain was pretty good with the exception of some snow in the meadow just above the lower link to Enchanted. This was good though as it is creating a nice protective layer for the dirt. The water bars at the very top of Apex trail have been replaced and made for an easier climb than before.
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveinsasquatch
    The water bars at the very top of Apex trail have been replaced and made for an easier climb than before.
    The ones between the upper EF turnoff and Lookout Mtn Rd?

percocet pioneer.
    Rode there yesterday for the first time since early November. It is in suprisingly good shape, despite looking like people have been riding it all winter. If you hit Sluicebox and Pick and Sledge you can almost completely avoid eroding trail, even the main vain was pretty good with the exception of some snow in the meadow just above the lower link to Enchanted. This was good though as it is creating a nice protective layer for the dirt. The water bars at the very top of Apex trail have been replaced and made for an easier climb than before.

People have been shuttling it like crazy.

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Shuttlers

Yes Andy, the ones at the very top. I almost got runned over yesterday too.

Bad Andy
    Yes Andy, the ones at the very top.
    Bummer

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Curtious Shuttlers

...although tonight I encountered 2 sets of very curtious car shuttlers. From now on they're car shuttlers, because they are not necessarily very fasy, in which case I would call them DH'ers...maybe...er....

Anyway, the trails up air are in good shape.