ARC Driver

Anything like Veloswap coming up?

Is there a gathering for people buying and selling bike parts like Veloswap but before the season begins (when people actually need bike parts!)

mtbr member
    yeah I'd like to hear more about this too!

Tribe Member
    ebay and craigslist

Dont think there has ever been a spring Veloswap..
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

dwj
    mtbr member
    i will be bringing some stuff to the peak region bike show, see above thread. i heard there will be a swap area. what are you looking for? i'm bringing an azonic saber frame($400), some azonic outlaw wheels and a '07 v10($400)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwj
    i will be bringing some stuff to the peak region bike show, see above thread. i heard there will be a swap area. what are you looking for? i'm bringing an azonic saber frame($400), some azonic outlaw wheels and a '07 v10($400)
    surely you're not talking about a complete 07 v10 for $400???
    if you are....PM ME!
    how did you find out there would be a swap area?

Hairshirt Rider
    http://peakregioncyclist.com/wp-cont...9/01/show1.jpg

Not exactly a swap, but bike shops will be present and trying to move gear.

ARC Driver
    This peak region thing sounds promissing. Thanks.

dwj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson
    surely you're not talking about a complete 07 v10 for $400???
    if you are....PM ME!
    how did you find out there would be a swap area?
    i heard originally there was suppose to be a swap but alas i guess not. i think i read it on one of these highly informative threads but i am selling a couple things at our booth(angletech). actually '05 old style v10 medium frame with seatpost, headset, boxxer crown, two rear wheels(one never ridden since being rebuilt) $400

mtbr member
    i heard originally there was suppose to be a swap but alas i guess not. i think i read it on one of these highly informative threads but i am selling a couple things at our booth(angletech). actually '05 old style v10 medium frame with seatpost, headset, boxxer crown, two rear wheels(one never ridden since being rebuilt) $400
    a 05 v10 for $400 bucks? is this a complete bike?

trail waggler

MAYbe...

Redstone Cyclery should have a 'Spring Cleaning' parking lot sale/cookout/beer tasting/parts swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Dooood. Not to hijack the thread, but what have you been up to? Haven't seen you around in a long time.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveM
    Redstone Cyclery should have a 'Spring Cleaning' parking lot sale/cookout/beer tasting/parts swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.

When roughly??

Front Range Cyclist
    Hello I am one of the two guys who own Peak Region Cyclist. We were initially planning on having a swap area but we kinda phased the idea out for this year. We decided it was best to concentrate on just show itself as we are getting featured in all sorts of community blogs, radio, newspaper, email blasts, and other such media (our own magazine reaches over 5,000 people) that we decided to wait until next year or do a dedicated "swap" event in May or June. Currently, we figured that the combined email blasts from shops, USA Cycling, PPABC, various clubs along the Front Range, Fruita, and so forth comes to almost 20,000 total people could have heard about it not counting various other means (we've posted to community calendars all over the region and state and beyond).

In short, it will be fun. It's exciting too. We will actually be giving a booth to the newly formed high school/junior high cycling club out of Cheyenne Canyon so it'll be their public debut. 40+ booths it looks like, 1000 sq ft of bicycle art, and currently 20-30 vintage bikes (including Manitou's made in COS, a Slingshot, and rumors of a Fat Chance and a Yeti C-26 too among even older stuff).

Plus food and beer will be reasonably priced....like $6 for a sandwich, drink, and potato salad I believe and $4-5 for a beer. Food and drink for the whole family.

In short. Should be fun. If any of you come, hunt me down. I'm the tall ugly blond guy who answers to Jon.

Friday Night:
    "Cycling Mixer" at Oscar's Ostyer Bar (good canyon food, reasonably priced everything) 6pm-8pm

Saturday Night:
    King Chef Diner Party (only for those who went to show). Industry only 6-7pm. 7pm-10pm those who attended show (you will get a ticket)
    10pm-"American Flyers" on the big screen at Kimball's Pike's Peak Theater
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

ARC Driver
    Hmm... having a swap would have been a good way to go.

dwj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson
    a 05 v10 for $400 bucks? is this a complete bike?
    no comes with parts listed above

mtbr member

New question here.

fwiw, i was actually toying w/ the idea of having a COMBA-sponsored swap meet at some point early in the season...

if there is interest (which there appears to be), i'll bring it up w/ the board of directors and see if it sticks.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    fwiw, i was actually toying w/ the idea of having a COMBA-sponsored swap meet at some point early in the season...

if there is interest (which there appears to be), i'll bring it up w/ the board of directors and see if it sticks.
    YES Please!

mtbr member
    who's all going to this? I'd like to meet some people since I'm new to this forum!

Living the High Life
    gotdirt, I'd definitely be interested in something like this. I've done pretty well selling stuff on craigslist so for this year, but I still have things left over.

That and craigslist can be a headache. I had one guy not show twice, then call for a third time telling me he's really going to make it this time, for a $20 set of bars. I hung up on him. I had one guy email 6 times about a frame, then showed up and bought a set of wheels instead.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member

How about

a 18" Moots with XTR? It's on CL. My new bike will be here Thursday so I need to unload this thing!

Is there a front flea market thread to buy and sell parts locally? I know we have the classifieds on MTBR, but a local is a good thing!

mtbr member
    Few pics from the show this weekend... I had a great time with all of the events and talking to a bunch of folks!

Sweet SS 29er.. but too much $$$ for my blood

ARC Driver
    GOTDIRT - you would be making a mistake by not hosting a new part swap. My buddy and I have been wanting to do this for some time but just don't have the time to get it together. The way we see it is this could be bigger than Veloswap if you have it at a time when the demand for bike parts is greater. Just be sure to heavily market your event.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbbullpup
    GOTDIRT - you would be making a mistake by not hosting a new part swap. My buddy and I have been wanting to do this for some time but just don't have the time to get it together. The way we see it is this could be bigger than Veloswap if you have it at a time when the demand for bike parts is greater. Just be sure to heavily market your event.
    you have my vote on this one! let me know when and where and I'll get my buddies together!!

mtbr member
    I thought they had a spring veloswap one year and it bombed so they zilched it?
    Bikes=Sanity

Living the High Life
    I really doubt it could be bigger than Veloswap. It costs $$ to get the word out. But a swap in the spring regardless would be something I'd like to see.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.