Awesomist™

Anyone up for riding some 4X and Slalom this weekend?

Yeah that's right suckas... we're inviting the unwashed masses down to Our Little Slice of Heaven™ known as Darner's place for some digging and some riding and some camping and some grilling and general all-around fun-having.

What we REALLY need some help with is BROOMING. So if you guys have push brooms that you would use for buffing trails or jumps, bring 'em we'll get it rocked out. We just really want to get everything good to go before the racing starts, and it's only a few weeks away. There was just SO MUCH SNOW this year we didn't have the time for us to get things dialed.

Keith is allowing camping up at the 4X courses on Friday night, but there is only ONE FIRE RING, that means only one fire. Please feel free to bring your own foods and drink, water will be available.

What to expect when you get here:
    Saturday morning starting at 9:30 AM we will broom both the slalom and original 4X course. We will then ride for a while including doing some gates. Yes we have a two-man gate up and running, and we've got it dailed in to the new "semi-random" start action... so if you need gate practice come on up and get some!

WE ARE ALLOWING YOU TO DRIVE UP TO THE COURSES, BUT DO NOT EXCEED 15 MPH OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO GO HOME!

If you have question email Keith Darner keith@rpmcycling.org or shoot me a PM and I'll try and answer whatever questions I can. I'll be camping out all weekend up by the 4X tracks, stoking the fire and swilling Crown Royal and PBR. Oh yeah, I might ride some bikes too!

See you guys there!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

4x

Yeehaa!! I,m down with the brown. The brown bull, that is.

Living the High Life
    If would have known about this earlier I'd say hell yes...anyone want to car pool?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sounds like a blast, I might be down for carpooling, and have stuff to camp with... but maybe its a noob question but where is this? I've been thinking of getting into 4x and whats better than doing it to see if you like it??

Any more info? Id be happy to lend the use of my Jeep/ other misc camping gear if some others want to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkDymn
    but where is this?
    scenic Nathrop, CO between Salida and BUena Vista. Stuck smack in the middle of God's country. Check out RPMcycling.org for details

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkDymn
    Any more info? Id be happy to lend the use of my Jeep/ other misc camping gear if some others want to go.
    All the pertinent info is posted up top - we're not just going to be riding we also have track maintenance to do. But trust me, around these parts picking up a broom or a shovel and lending a hand (whether it's your local trails, race tracks, dirtjumps, or whatever) is a huge deal. I should do more of it myself, I think everyone probably could. At any rate, we'll certainly appreciate any help you can give us this weekend, and in return we hope that you have a blast riding with us this weekend. Hope to see you there!

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    If would have known about this earlier I'd say hell yes...anyone want to car pool?
    Yeah sorry about that Matt... we kind of just decided this week (yesterday) to make this happen. We need the help and I know people are itching to dust off the 4X/slalom bikes so it seemed like a perfect fit. Plus - it's been really nice weather-wise down there and a little early-season camping action never hurt anyone.

You gots my cell, give a shout if you're headed down. I'll be bolting D-town direct from the contract gig this afternoon, with Bubba from Yeti in tow.

Like Beck says: Hell yeah.

Punch it, Chewie.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker

I'll be bolting D-town direct from the contract gig this afternoon.
    Wish I could make it, but I've gotta leave E town to go to L town, by way of the other L town, with possibly a stop in G town to pick up some new sunglasses so my eyes won't get burnt this summer in A town, K town, SV (?) town, S town, possibly CB (still not sure about this 2 character bit - is this proper?) town, and probably a bit of WP town - or would it be "W town"?

- after which I'll be spending a good portion of my weekend installing floors at my house in R town (?)

Have fun, beetches.
    Now with more vitriol!

Stand back
    WE ARE ALLOWING YOU TO DRIVE UP TO THE COURSES, BUT DO NOT EXCEED 15 MPH OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO GO HOME!

See you guys there!
    Letsee, if I left now, how long would it take me to drive to Nathrop at 15mph...

Wish I could go - one more reason we need to hire a full time nanny...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocelif
    Yeehaa!! I,m down with the brown. The brown bull, that is.
    Do you mean..."El Toro Chocolate?"
    Support Open Space!

Rocket Scientist
    I wish I could make it. The notice was just too short. I would love to get some 4x practice in and see how my back is doing since surgery. Any chance there will be another Build/Ride day at Nathrop before the first Yeti Spring series race?
    I'll be at Dacono BMX watching my son race tomorrow. Maybe next time.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Any chance there will be another Build/Ride day at Nathrop before the first Yeti Spring series race?
    Doesn't look like it, Billy... Keith and his wife are going to the Fruita race next weekend, and then Keith will be at Sea Otter the weekend after that. Then the next weekend is Spring Series, with Chalk Creek immediately following.

Thanks to EVERYONE that came out on Saturday and helped dig and broom and get the tracks ready for some RACING. I'll be down in Nathrop when I can over the next couple of weeks to really help dial everything in, and the racing should be good. The changes we got made on the Extra Crispy track will hopefully make a HUGE difference in how that track races... thanks for all the help on that, even if I did yell at snowskilz a little bit!

Punch it, Chewie.

eci
    The changes we got made on the Extra Crispy track will hopefully make a HUGE difference in how that track races... thanks for all the help on that, even if I did yell at snowskilz a little bit!
    Watching Coop fly over our newly shaped dirt was worth it