mtbr member

Anyone take any video at Trestle this weekend?

Just made some vids from Trestle this weekend for my riding group. Boy was it dusty. Was tough to see at times if you were trying to follow anyone pretty close. Crazy windy Sunday too.

I'm really just getting into downhill and I know I'm no Aaron Gwin, so no need to tell me what I already know. I also don't have any fancy video editing software, so don't expect anything Oscar-worthy. They're a bit long too. I'm bad at cutting footage. I'm still landing on some of the tables when jumping, but I am having a blast, and that's what counts I guess. I will say learning to jump at 30 is interesting. My girlfriend thinks I'm going to kill myself.

Anyway, post em if you got em. Could always use more stoke for downhill season.

Here are my contributions to the thread:
    Rainmaker1.wmv - YouTube
    Boulevard/Boot Camp/Beall Ucanb - YouTube
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1 View Post
    Just made some vids from Trestle this weekend for my riding group. Boy was it dusty. Was tough to see at times if you were trying to follow anyone pretty close. Crazy windy Sunday too.

I'm really just getting into downhill and I know I'm no Aaron Gwin, so no need to tell me what I already know. I also don't have any fancy video editing software, so don't expect anything Oscar-worthy. They're a bit long too. I'm bad at cutting footage. I'm still landing on some of the tables when jumping, but I am having a blast, and that's what counts I guess. I will say learning to jump at 30 is interesting. My girlfriend thinks I'm going to kill myself.

Anyway, post em if you got em. Could always use more stoke for downhill season.

Here are my contributions to the thread:
    Rainmaker1.wmv - YouTube
    Boulevard/Boot Camp/Beall Ucanb - YouTube
    Hey man, I think you were smart to not go big if you were there on Sun. That friggin' wind got pretty stoopid for a bit! I kept mine on the ground, for the most part. Just didn't need to break bike bits, or body parts on the first day out, yeah?!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Hey man, I think you were smart to not go big if you were there on Sun. That friggin' wind got pretty stoopid for a bit! I kept mine on the ground, for the most part. Just didn't need to break bike bits, or body parts on the first day out, yeah?!
    Yeah. It was blowing uphill so at times you were riding with the wind hitting you head on, and the other times it was a pretty wicked crosswind. Still tons of fun though, and at least it helped cool things down a bit.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I took video on one run of Trestle Downhill, but it turned out kinda funky. Yea, windy as all hell there on Sunday! Not a big jumper anyways, just stayed in the trees on Trestle DH most of the day. Suprisingly, I saw nobody else on it. Fun trail!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    my contribution.. bits and pieces of everything..

Living the High Life
    Yeah. It was blowing uphill so at times you were riding with the wind hitting you head on, and the other times it was a pretty wicked crosswind. Still tons of fun though, and at least it helped cool things down a bit.
    Gotta watch it with wind. I've been blown OFF landings entirely. On a larger one at Frisco Bike Park I ended up with a sprained ankle, I'm very lucky it wasn't worse. For me high winds = small jumps only.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie7 View Post
    my contribution.. bits and pieces of everything..
    Nice vid buddy. Looks like you were airing it out a bit more than I was. Nice editing job too. I saw you mentioned you were riding with your girlfriend this weekend in the other thread. Was that her ripping with you in some of that footage?
    LMB

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice vid buddy. Looks like you were airing it out a bit more than I was. Nice editing job too. I saw you mentioned you were riding with your girlfriend this weekend in the other thread. Was that her ripping with you in some of that footage?
    We got comfortable on some parts of the mtn that seemed more protected by the wind, but kept it low and tight.. thats is the GF in front of me in some parts, her first DH day of the season.

As Ithnu said, gotta be careful in the wind though, I got blown off one at Sol Vista a couple years back, bike literally blew out from under me and I landed on my hip, fortunately, just bruised but I wear the hips pads..

Try iMovie if you have a MAC, I am a tech moron, but that program is super easy to work with..