mtbr member
    May 2006

Anyone run Conti Diesel 2.5 on the front range?

I read the reviews, what little there were and they all seemed pretty good for these tires.
    I then ordered a set of them, they should be here today. But, after reading the wheels and tires forum, it seems that people seem to think they suck and dont grip well.
    Everyone seems to have opinions so ultimately I will form my own but, my question is does anyone on the front range forum use these tires? There are no front range rider reviews for these tires yet. I have only been here for about half a season so i have yet to ride everywhere.
    I am switching to these from panaracer cinder 2.25 front and rear.

If they just plain are not good for this area, then i will send them back (before i put them on) and get somthing else..like some schwalbes maybe

Thanks.
    TP

Shoulda went faster
    I ran them for a while.

Pros... relatively light for a big tire, roll pretty good
    Cons.. I did experience lack grip on the front. I ended up buying another tire for the front and just running them on the back till they wore out.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks

I heart the drops
    I have a buddy who swears by them and he rips it up so I might purchase a pair myself
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    I ride them. Only because I always find them cheap. I was getting them for $12 a tire. The price is right, but they wear out pretty quick. I also only use it on the back tire.
    BFLO_SKAT

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremymuskat
    I ride them. Only because I always find them cheap. I was getting them for $12 a tire. The price is right, but they wear out pretty quick. I also only use it on the back tire.
    Vertical Pros are a good tire for around the front range...... If you can get real German Versions they are actually 2.3s.
    The Gringo Americano version are 2.2s. Still good though.

on my 3rd wind...
    I run them on my SC Chameleon. Run about 25 psi. Good roller, volume, and OK grip. Definitely don't $uck. Good tire.
    sth