mtbr member

Anyone ridden the Western Rim on Kokopelli?

And have GPS files for it?

I'm doing Kokopelli (with the Bikerpelli group) at the end of April and would like to do Western Rim this year. I haven't been able to locate any GPS files of the trail but would like to have them for this jaunt.

Thank you!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Team Inflexible

Western Rim Rocks!

I have done the Western Rim trail on my last 2 Kokopelli trips and is definetly woth riding over the Bitter Creek section.

It is filled with some spectacular singletrack with lots of scary exposure. Be prepared for a nasty hike a bike at the the end to get out of the valley. If your feeling really crazy ride the Over Look trail at the top. Click on my blog below for pics.

The trail is not marked at all so good map reading skills or a KML file would be handy.

Oh PS: Dont pass up on Yellow Jacket Canyon also.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I rode it on kokepelli last year and plan on riding it again this year. I missed the last turn and ended up out by I-70 but have a pretty good idea of the route, no gps though.
    Plan on riding again this year.
    Which one did you sign up for?

Quote Originally Posted by skiahh
    And have GPS files for it?

I'm doing Kokopelli (with the Bikerpelli group) at the end of April and would like to do Western Rim this year. I haven't been able to locate any GPS files of the trail but would like to have them for this jaunt.

Thank you!

Rolling
    Skiahh, See if the link I sent to your PM is useful.
    Last edited by lidarman; 02-15-2010 at 10:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Skiahh, See if the link I sent to your PM is useful.
    lidar - thanks. I think I can merge that with my track from last year and find the right points. Looks like you started and ended at our overnight spot for the first night, so I can probably put the two together.

Jay - I want to do Yellowjacket this year, too. Didn't do it last year, but we'll see how the legs are feeling when I get to the road! Probably won't ride the overlook trail (though you never know!), but we do camp on it the first night. Spectacular spot!

cbrock - I'm on the first trip this year. You?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I am doing the first trip too.

There are four people riding in our group and few others that might sign up here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skiahh
    lidar - thanks. I think I can merge that with my track from last year and find the right points. Looks like you started and ended at our overnight spot for the first night, so I can probably put the two together.

Jay - I want to do Yellowjacket this year, too. Didn't do it last year, but we'll see how the legs are feeling when I get to the road! Probably won't ride the overlook trail (though you never know!), but we do camp on it the first night. Spectacular spot!

cbrock - I'm on the first trip this year. You?

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450
    I am doing the first trip too.

There are four people riding in our group and few others that might sign up here soon.

here is the data i have that i sent to skiahh for anyone else who might want it.

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...Tk1vQnZIRGc9PQ

Indeed, skiahh, We started exactly where the camp was. In fact, we did it the day the kokopelli crew had left for the next leg. We saw them departing.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jaydude]I have done the Western Rim trail on my last 2 Kokopelli trips and is definetly woth riding over the Bitter Creek section.

i care to say you only rode it once on the kokopelli the other time we did it on a day trip
    "touchyoself"

mtbr member
    That's one of my favorite and most under-rated pieces of trail around. Love the Western Rim.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Reporterkyle
    That's one of my favorite and most under-rated pieces of trail around. Love the Western Rim.

Agreed. It's a sleeper....

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Agreed. It's a sleeper....
    Right up until the MSC started racing there.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Oh PS: Dont pass up on Yellow Jacket Canyon also.
    OK, now that I have merged tracks for Western Rim, anyone have Yellow Jacket GPS files?

Thanks!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany