Let's fly!

Anyone pre-riding the Winter Park course on Saturday morning?

Anyone interested in pre-riding the Winter Park course on Saturday morning? I'd like to head up early and be on the home home by 2 or 3pm.

I have some instructions from a friend who rode it and said it is pretty gnarly, definitely advantages to pre-riding so you know what to expect. I've done a couple races up there, but am not very familiar with the area and would really like some company to assist in finding the trails and riding the course.

Anyone? Please reply or PM or email me at jimm100@hotmail.com.

Jim

mtbr member
    if i was going to be in town, i would be your huckleberry. i think you will do ok following the map......just a couple things. you probably know the start, if you rode the super d.....after the first little bit of long trail, you come out onto the service road (lift will be in front of you), turn left and head up the road (gunbarrel)....ride around behind the lift and you will find upper roof of the rockies......you will come to and intersection first that is for fantasy meadows, pass that and a little further up you will come to another intersection, right is upper roof of the rockies (sign is only a 4x4 post). next intersection you come too you turn left for the lap (down on upper roof), go right to join icarus. icarus is single track til you hit a section of road, head down the road (bends to right and heads down a section about the same length as gunbarrel), then you will see another sign for icarus.....very single track until you hit the lift at the bottom.....again take the road down to the parking lot.....across the parking lot you will exit as if you were leaving.....look directly across the street....jackalope. follow that to the end. fun ride, much more true single track than any of the other races. i'm a puss and the climb didn't kill me, i will be around mid week next week if anyone would be game.....wed probably.

Let's fly!
    Thanks for the response. I spent 38 miles and 5 hours trying to pre-ride the last course. Similar experience on previous courses. The maps don't seem to be entirely accurate and the signage is poor and non-existant. It would be great to have someone that really knows the trails up there that wanted to pre-ride the next one. Still hoping someone out there wants to ride it on Saturday . . .