mtbr member
    Jul 2008

anyone know the difference between enduro expert and endure comp?

I looking to get a 08 specialized enduro sl comp and was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the comp and the expert. Also, where I can get one for a good price?

skillz to pay billz
    might want to check in with the spec forum

Living the High Life
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=33444

Looks like just a parts upgrade to me. I know West Side bike has several bikes from 06 -07 in the 6" all mountain range and they're trying to clear them out. But if you're interested in an 08 that won't help you I guess.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Where is west side located?

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber24
    Where is west side located?
    Sorry, its West Side Cycling and Fitness. Its on Colfax near Wadsworth.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Out Of Control
    Parts spec and paint is the only difference. Hit up Mojo for all the 08' demo bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    which one do you guys like better, the enduro or the yeti 575?

skillz to pay billz

percocet pioneer.

apples and oranges my friend

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    apples and oranges my friend
    no kidding.

To the OP, you should go to a bike shop. They answer these questions on a daily basis.

hehe ...you said "member"
    you've got to go ride each. I did and the feel is quite different (the geometry/set-up of the rear end is considerably different between those two bikes) - both great bikes at comparable price ranges. If you're looking to spend that kind of cash, give each a decent test ride and see what you think.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Living the High Life
    He was just asking about Enduros, now he asked about two different bikes...time to throw in bikes you didn't ask about!

Intense 6.6, SC Nomad, Giant Reign!

I ride an Enduro and my friend rides a 575. Both of us climb / descend with huge grins on our faces. They're both great bikes, so as mentioned before, personal preference (or cash flow if you find one on clearance).

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I think I like the enduro too, but can't really make up my mind. I heard that the enduro doesn't climb very well, but you said it does. Who's telling the truth?

Wish someone could make up my mind for me
    Last edited by gruber24; 07-31-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Living the High Life
    I think I like the enduro too, but can't really make up my mind. I heard that the enduro doesn't climb very well, but you said it does. Who's telling the truth?
    Depends on your shock settings too. I think the Enduro climbs fine, but I'm more DH oriented. If you wanted an awesome climber, buy a XC race bike. The Enduro comes down way better than my co-workers XC bikes, but I am a bit slower climbing than them (might be fitness more than the bike though). I'm better off, coming down is the best part

I have been looking at the new Intense Tracer though, but it depends how it handles Super D, I'm waiting to see one in a store.

I know there are tons of Yeti fans around here, but I'd probably still take the Enduro, Yetis cost too much for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    You guys are probably sick of me by now but I have one more question for you. I went and looked at an enduro today and the only size they had was a large. I rode it around and it felt pretty good, but I was curious cause I ride an extra large xc. When I got back to the shop the guys told me that the bike looked like a good fit and when it comes to downhill bikes people usually go a size smaller. Were they just trying to get the bike off of their hands, or does that sound right? I am 6'5" and weigh 210 lbs. Sorry for all the questions, but I really want to get the right bike especially if I'm spending this much money on it. Thanks...

hehe ...you said "member"
    You sound ready to pull the trigger (good for you).
    My take: I was in the same boat approx. one year ago. A buddy had just got a Yeti 575 and still loves it. I test rode one and also the Enduro and Giant Trance. I went into it leaning toward the Yeti, but the feel was all wrong for me - very soft in the rear end (I even measured out the sag and played with rebound and dampening). Bottom line - the Enduro just felt right and I love it to this day.
    Climbing?: The adjustable travel on the E150 shock is KEY. I hope you played with this on your test ride! Dropping the travel from 6" to 4.5" on the fly makes an amazing difference on the trail. The Enduro climbs better than my Trek Fuel XC bike did and there is absolutely no comparison on the downhill. (sidenote: a buddy with a Nomad has a Fox Talas 36 RLC with adjustable travel - it has a micro-adjust system that requires numerous "micro-clics" to adjust ... the macro-adjust on the E150 is much more user friendly on the trail)
    Size?: I'm 6'7" 240lbs. and ride the XL - fits great. If your LBS is trying to get you into a Large because it's all they have in stock, do yourself a favor and atleast test out the XL elsewhere.
    On that note, the only problem I've had with mine is the '07 came with a cheap shimano rear hub and DT Swiss 430 rim that was on the flimsy side. Many broken spokes later, I had the guys at WR Cyclery build me a new rear wheel (Mavic 819 tubeless rim / DT Swiss 340 hub with 14 g spokes). Overkill? ... haven't broken a spoke or piched since ... and I'm not worried about blowing up an inferior hub's freewheel.
    I would highly recommend the Enduro, but I know guys who would do the same for the Yeti. If you like the Enduro better, atleast check out an XL at another shop before you drop that kind of cash. Hope that helps.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Living the High Life
    Its true DHers usually run a smaller frame size, but again its personal preference. I ride a large DH bike and a large Enduro, I'm 6'1" and 210lbs. But its more arm length than overall height. I have really long arms, typically a person should have them equal to their height, but my arm span is 6'5". Check top tube length, that's what I look at, I feel cramped in below 23".

If you sit on the large and your knees are not coming up too high and you don't feel crammed into the cockpit, you'll be fine. But if you do feel a little uncomfortable after a few minutes in a parking lot, you'll get really uncomfortable on a 2+ hour ride, so you may need an XL.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    SANTA CRUZ HECKLER - Buy at Mojo Wheels.

Enough said.