mtbr member
    May 2004

Was anyone here riding Maxwell today between 6-7pm??

Saw a handful of riders in a short time between 6 and 7pm today...Just trying to get a feel for what kind of representation ftc is showing on mtbr..

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Too hot in the evenings

I'm thereabouts in the way early mornings this time of year.

Was there a red or white truck at the bottom and did they have on "Full Protection" ?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I don't think I saw any full-pro...One guy was wearing full spandex though. Not that theres anything wrong with that..

How early is early?

mtbr member
    No did not ride Maxwell today. But if you organize a shuttle count me in.

If you want to pedal up - count me in, too.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

Now with 10% more!
    I usually get out there 1 or 2 times during the week and sometimes on weekends too. Or maybe that should be I usually get out there 1 or 2 times on the weekends and sometimes during the week. However, I was not there tonight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Not there tonight...

... but know very well the nasty corner by the fenced-in concrete bunker thingamajig. (Anyone know what the heck that is?)

Now with 10% more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bends But Doesn't Break
    Not there tonight...

... but know very well the nasty corner by the fenced-in concrete bunker thingamajig. (Anyone know what the heck that is?)
    I think it has something to do with water from the reservoir or possibly water treatment. I think it used to be less guarded. That corner is ok for me going down, but it's pretty tricky going up. But they seem to make it easier and easier every year. Probably due to the cheater lines that have formed on both sides.

mtbr member
    They did some radiation testing on dogs. Beagles I think. There were some buidlings and kennels where the dogs lived out the rest of thier lives right there. The last ones died about 10 or 15 years ago. I don't know whats there now.

I'm not kidding either.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by nca777
    Saw a handful of riders in a short time between 6 and 7pm today...Just trying to get a feel for what kind of representation ftc is showing on mtbr..
    I rode by the front of the stadium on Overland at 6:00pm last night, but was not on Maxwell yesterday.

FTC has pretty good representation here. I've ridden with several from this board and found them to be friendly folks, and good riders.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm usually riding out by the stadium and the trails south of there most evenings after about 6:30. PM me if you are interested in riding sometime

-E

mtbr member
    I was out there in the morning/mid-day, but not at the time you are asking about.