mtbr member

Anyone have a travel case for their bike?

So...I am heading up to the great Northwest in a couple of weeks for a race, but haven't figured out an economical way to get my bike up there. Does anyone in the Denver area have a travel case they wouldn't mind letting a responsible human being borrow for the weekend of June 7th? It would surely be appreciated. Thanks.

dwj
    mtbr member
    my girlyfriend has a soft case that holds two bikes for sale. it is $100 if you are interested in buying something.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyleketerson
    So...I am heading up to the great Northwest in a couple of weeks for a race, but haven't figured out an economical way to get my bike up there. Does anyone in the Denver area have a travel case they wouldn't mind letting a responsible human being borrow for the weekend of June 7th? It would surely be appreciated. Thanks.
    I have a Trico Ironcase. It's UPS/FedEx approved. Do not take your bike on a plane unless you want the TSA to lose every part.

Since you volunteered for the May 17th trail day at BC and don't seem to care about a post that you don't have to read, you are welcome to borrow it, FOR FREE. I only request a deposit ($50) which I will return to you when you bring back the case.

Drop me an email: mitchell at schnauzers dot ws and I'll give you directions to my luxurious abode in a great neighborhood . That was sarcasm directed elsewhere.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by pyleketerson
    I've used a hard case and I've used a cardboard bike box that I grabbed with all the packing material from a shop. After using both, I don't have a preference, and I'd be fine with cardboard again. FedEx ground, which was pretty reasonable ($35ish each way, but was a few years ago).
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.