mtbr member
    May 2009

Anyone Have Cheap Used Tires

im lookin for some 26x2.125+ tires for my bike, preferably with about 50-70% tread. I'd love to take them off your hands

mtbr member
    I have a set of panaracer fire xc in red for sale if you want?

mtbr member
    sorry man, just donated 3 practically new, good tires last night to Community Cycles in Boulder... don't know if they sell that stuff but give them a call.

Heathen
    How cheap? I have a set of Nevegals. 2.3 Ft is close to new, 2.1 rear only has a couple months on it.

Heathen
    How cheap? I have a set of Nevegals. 2.3 Ft is close to new, 2.1 rear only has a couple months on it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_shane84
    im lookin for some 26x2.125+ tires for my bike, preferably with about 50-70% tread. I'd love to take them off your hands
    I've got a 2.35 panaracer rampage and 2.35 kenda nevegal that you can have for free. They are pretty worn, but have some life in them. (Currently on my bike -- looking to change them when I get unlazy).
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

Living the High Life
    I've got a stack of tires I don't want at all in my garage. You're welcome to any from that pile for FREE. Its better if some one else gets some use out of them before I throw them out.

Keep in mind there is nothing special in the pile (otherwise it wouldn't be free), some old WTB, Specialized and a few more. About 1/2 dozen total.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    I've got a stack of tires I don't want at all in my garage. You're welcome to any from that pile for FREE. Its better if some one else gets some use out of them before I throw them out.

Keep in mind there is nothing special in the pile (otherwise it wouldn't be free), some old WTB, Specialized and a few more. About 1/2 dozen total.
    Still enough tread to ride?

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover
    Still enough tread to ride?
    Some of them, I really didn't take note. Some are DH, some with no knobs and more commuter oriented.

I switched everything over to Kenda this year. I have 3 piles, new Kenda, old Maxxis and the free-leftover pile. I've been throwing a tire in with all my craigslist sales. The guy who bought my old Giant Faith got 2 extra Maxxis DH tires.

*I don't really want to make multiple appointments to hand out free tires. So if you want to come get them, you have to take all of them!
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    I have plenty I'd love to give away: mythos, ritchey zed, hutchinson mosquito and spider, and others. I'm in FTC and you'd have to come get them but they're free.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    FYI, you can recycle tires (and tubes with the valve cut out) at Lee's in the Fort. Way better than throwing them out.

Or if you are really adventurous, weave them into a nice welcome mat, like my friend did a few years ago. Nothing says "i'm a crazy biker" like a used tube/tire door mat.

Living the High Life
    I gave my pile to a friend who works at Bike Source. He said they give them to the homeless for free. I figured that was better than throwing them out.