Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone Going up to Trestle July 4 weekend?

Anyone going to be up there July 4 weekend? I cant wait, This will be my 5 year up there but only the 2 time to ride it since i wiped out last july 4 on my Klein Mantra pro, I hope the Whole MTN will be open with all this warm weather we are having down here
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

killin clear creek
    some NASTY muddy spots today... had to hose off completely after riding (obviously the bike, but us as well!!) shyanne after the split (going right at the wood double) was disgusting... no idea why they have it open.

Hope more melts for next weekend, but I don't see it being mud free.

That said... killer day today!
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    Anyone going to be up there July 4 weekend? I cant wait, This will be my 5 year up there but only the 2 time to ride it since i wiped out last july 4 on my Klein Mantra pro, I hope the Whole MTN will be open with all this warm weather we are having down here
    I'm hoping to put together a vacation up there the following week, but I've never stayed there, just done day trips. Do you have any recommendations as to where to stay? I'm looking for something above youth hostel, but below The Ritz.

Also, went up to Trestle on opening day, and it was awesome; by July 4th you should have a great time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMutt View Post
    I'm hoping to put together a vacation up there the following week, but I've never stayed there, just done day trips. Do you have any recommendations as to where to stay? I'm looking for something above youth hostel, but below The Ritz.

Also, went up to Trestle on opening day, and it was awesome; by July 4th you should have a great time.
    For the last 4 years i have stayed at the WP Mtn Lodge right on the other side of HW 40 from the resort and have been very happy with them, They always have 20% off if you book online, This year i am staying at the Vintage because the wife wanted the out door pool and hot tube and the price was sweet, Also i can come and go as i please because of the Gondola at the hotel to the base of WP resort, but i just looked and they are filling up fast no Hotel rooms left just Studio/w Kitchenette and Lofted Studio , The best western is kind of high in my book so that is not and option ,

Here is the link to the Vintage http://www.vintagehotel.com/index.htm

This is from Sat -Tues BTW
    Play And Save! 20% Off Your Stay! Save 66.79 Total Price 334.00 Price with the 20% is 267.21 with Tax.

Hope this helps..

Let me know if i can be any more help since this is a yearly trip for me

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    ...the wife wanted the ... hot tube
    I bet she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm planning on making my first trip to Trestle on Friday while on my way to California. Any advice for someone who's only downhill experience is the Valmont Bike Park? Do I need to bring anything in particular?

mtbr member
    I say know you limits , and some goggles for Mud...LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

It was easy to skip the mud and have a great run

I had a great day but I did see one guy pulling mud out of his pants. I guess it matters where you crash.
    2 wheels

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel View Post
    I had a great day but I did see one guy pulling mud out of his pants. I guess it matters where you crash.
    You sure that was mud

I heart the drops
    Quote Originally Posted by dngrcnnn View Post
    I'm planning on making my first trip to Trestle on Friday while on my way to California. Any advice for someone who's only downhill experience is the Valmont Bike Park? Do I need to bring anything in particular?
    Rent a downhill bike and armor. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pay for a lesson your first time or hang with some locals who ride it all the time and get pointers. And if you think you are going too fast let off the brakes.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

Digital Toast
    My twelve year old son and I were thinking of doing either Sol Vista or Trestle this weekend. My question is, which has the better middle ground for riding? We're not serious DHer's but we like our technical stuff and a few small drops. Which is going to be better for the both of us? We rode Keystone twice last year and he loved it. Mostly blues with a few "light" blacks mixed in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Terrorist
    Our Family will be up there for the w/e. PM me if anyone wants to connect up and ride.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack View Post
    My twelve year old son and I were thinking of doing either Sol Vista or Trestle this weekend. My question is, which has the better middle ground for riding? We're not serious DHer's but we like our technical stuff and a few small drops. Which is going to be better for the both of us? We rode Keystone twice last year and he loved it. Mostly blues with a few "light" blacks mixed in. Any help would be appreciated.
    Both are fun. WP will have longer runs, but SV with their shorter ones make you less tired. HA! Either way, you're going to have a good time.

IE
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

I heart the drops
    i will be up there for at least one of those days.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    Just bought my pass today and heading up on Thursday. I may go again on the 4th.

Digital Toast
    Any suggestions on a place to for a one night stay? Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Another son is flying back into DIA on Monday afternoon so spending the night up in the mountains sounds like a good time. IE, thanks for the info. The kid's leaning towards WP right now. We'll see when it get's a bit closer.

Digital Toast
    Ok gotta a room and trestle tickets for Sunday. lunch? Beers after?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sounds like Trestle may have what I'm looking for. Got a group of 4 of us XC racing types doing Firecracker 50 on Monday and looking to do some fun riding Tuesday without climbing. Does Trestle offer blue/"light black" and maybe even some green trails accessible by lift? We'll have had enough climbing after Monday.

It'll be our first time doing lift access riding, so trying to make sure we don't get stuck walking our 4" xc bikes down crazy stuff.

thanks for any insights

mtbr member
    Thinking about heading to Trestle for the first time this weekend. How long would one expect the lift lines to be on July 4th weekend?

banned

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AllOver View Post
    Thinking about heading to Trestle for the first time this weekend. How long would one expect the lift lines to be on July 4th weekend?
    I'm not sure how much of Green World will be rideable by then, but it's a fun little flow trail. The blues that start halfway down are easily doable on an XC bike; my wife rode them on her Superlight last year. Just roll the features and you'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn D. View Post
    I'm not sure how much of Green World will be rideable by then, but it's a fun little flow trail. The blues that start halfway down are easily doable on an XC bike; my wife rode them on her Superlight last year. Just roll the features and you'll be fine.
    I've done downhill in other states - not worried about the riding part as long as things aren't too muddy, just possible long lift lines!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Sounds like Trestle may have what I'm looking for. Got a group of 4 of us XC racing types doing Firecracker 50 on Monday and looking to do some fun riding Tuesday without climbing. Does Trestle offer blue/"light black" and maybe even some green trails accessible by lift? We'll have had enough climbing after Monday.

It'll be our first time doing lift access riding, so trying to make sure we don't get stuck walking our 4" xc bikes down crazy stuff.

thanks for any insights

Heck did it last summer on a 96 Klein Mantra pro with 2 1/2 Inch s Judy and 4" Alps 5 in the back and it was ok on the green and blues,

banned
    96 Klein Mantra pro

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    For the last 4 years i have stayed at the WP Mtn Lodge right on the other side of HW 40 from the resort and have been very happy with them, They always have 20% off if you book online, This year i am staying at the Vintage because the wife wanted the out door pool and hot tube and the price was sweet, Also i can come and go as i please because of the Gondola at the hotel to the base of WP resort, but i just looked and they are filling up fast no Hotel rooms left just Studio/w Kitchenette and Lofted Studio , The best western is kind of high in my book so that is not and option ,

Here is the link to the Vintage http://www.vintagehotel.com/index.htm

This is from Sat -Tues BTW
    Play And Save! 20% Off Your Stay! Save 66.79 Total Price 334.00 Price with the 20% is 267.21 with Tax.

Hope this helps..

Let me know if i can be any more help since this is a yearly trip for me
    Hey Yeti, thanks for the help and info. Got everything put together yesterday, and am looking forward to a great three days of riding!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast