Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
  1. #1
    Home of the Gravedigger
    Reputation: jkaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    376

    Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?

    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

  2. #2
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,135
    Just how many spacers do you have under that stem? In the second pic it looks like there are about 50mm of them. Either that or I'm counting the stem itself.


    Anyway, I'm not going to say it looks "fun". But it does look more interesting than sitting on your ass in front of the TV.

  3. #3
    Home of the Gravedigger
    Reputation: jkaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    Just how many spacers do you have under that stem? In the second pic it looks like there are about 50mm of them. Either that or I'm counting the stem itself.


    Anyway, I'm not going to say it looks "fun". But it does look more interesting than sitting on your ass in front of the TV.
    It's 50mm and it's perfect for me. Snow bikes ride best with an upright position....which is hard to get with a 16" frame. Bars are about 1/2" below top of saddle.

  4. #4
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,665
    No, but I've been on some very nice ski tours.

  5. #5
    pain intolerant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    692
    Did some laps around City Park 9 this morning. Who knew golf could be so aerobic?

  6. #6
    Your bike is incorrigible
    Reputation: Guyechka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaber View Post
    It's 50mm and it's perfect for me. Snow bikes ride best with an upright position....which is hard to get with a 16" frame. Bars are about 1/2" below top of saddle.
    So why not just go with an 18"? It looks like there is plenty of seat post sticking out. Just wondering.

  7. #7
    Home of the Gravedigger
    Reputation: jkaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    So why not just go with an 18"? It looks like there is plenty of seat post sticking out. Just wondering.
    16" fits me perfect and have no issues with spacers.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,563
    I am jealous of your sweet ride!! Thanks for the pics.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    587
    Does this count?


  10. #10
    wants a taco
    Reputation: nubcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    498
    Not the weekend but rode this AM.


  11. #11
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Not the weekend but rode this AM.

    Hey, Thats high drive! I rode jacks on Saturday, sweet!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: level-4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    74
    got some miles in today in Boulder.

    Niner WFO | Transition Double | Pivot Firebird

  13. #13
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    I went running instead of fighting the bumps on the bike.... but today, someone passed me on a Surly Pugs, Necromancer or Moonlander and I burned with envy cuz I want one this time of year. I think the run did me good though---I spent a minimal amount of time on Surly's site afterward and never pulled out a credit card.

  14. #14
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    I went running instead of fighting the bumps on the bike.... but today, someone passed me on a Surly Pugs, Necromancer or Moonlander and I burned with envy cuz I want one.
    Was a perfect day at Rabbit Mtn. It's the right length for the cold and the southern facing side was in good shape.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  15. #15
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    Was a perfect day at Rabbit Mtn. It's the right length for the cold and the southern facing side was in good shape.
    I think no matter what, Rabbit mountain has less bumps with snow than dry!

  16. #16
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,118
    Bear Creek on Saturday and Green Mountain on Sunday. Pics from GM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-img_0260.jpg  

    Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-img_0261.jpg  


  17. #17
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    Was a perfect day at Rabbit Mtn. It's the right length for the cold and the southern facing side was in good shape.
    The Rabbit was jumpalicious on Sunday. Wintertime Biking Stoke Thread
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: KarateChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman View Post
    I went running instead of fighting the bumps on the bike.... but today, someone passed me on a Surly Pugs, Necromancer or Moonlander and I burned with envy cuz I want one this time of year. I think the run did me good though---I spent a minimal amount of time on Surly's site afterward and never pulled out a credit card.
    fighting the impulse buy

    how unamerican

    well done

    i've been riding every day, but not on one of those uber-fat tire bikes

  19. #19
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    The Rabbit was jumpalicious on Sunday. Wintertime Biking Stoke Thread
    Were you first tracks? You were a couple minutes ahead of me if so.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  20. #20
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    Were you first tracks? You were a couple minutes ahead of me if so.
    I think so. I didn't see any other tracks (except on the service road as I rode out, but none on the trails). I got there around noonish. I rode from home in west Longmont, up the trail from the lot, did the loop, and then motored on back to the homestead.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  21. #21
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    I think so. I didn't see any other tracks (except on the service road as I rode out, but none on the trails). I got there around noonish. I rode from home in west Longmont, up the trail from the lot, did the loop, and then motored on back to the homestead.
    You were just in front of me then. I followed you around the loop but never saw you.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  22. #22
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    You were just in front of me then. I followed you around the loop but never saw you.
    Did you ride up the service road? If so, I bet I saw your tracks. Did you ride from town? (FYI, I was at Redstone once and told ignazjr where I live in Longmont and I think he suggested that you live near me.)
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  23. #23
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    Did you ride up the service road? If so, I bet I saw your tracks. Did you ride from town? (FYI, I was at Redstone once and told ignazjr where I live in Longmont and I think he suggested that you live near me.)
    That was me.

    I live in Longmont Estates. Not enough time (or motivation) to ride from home yesterday.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  24. #24
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
    I live in Longmont Estates.
    Word (me too). I'll hit you up if and when I form Team Strongmont.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    67
    Rode a bit today. Finally found a use for the conti mt. king 2.4 super sonic casing tires a rep gave me several years ago. these tires sucked on the dirt, the knobs were too high and flexi, but well in the snow at 20 psi. i was suprised at how well this biked worked today, I have owned a pugs, a couple of half fat 29er's, and this set up worked pretty well.
    Even climbed right up a small sled hill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-snow-biking-12-5-2011-001.jpg  

    Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-snow-biking-12-5-2011-004.jpg  

    Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-snow-biking-12-5-2011-006.jpg  

    Anyone go for a ride in the snow this weekend?-snow-biking-12-5-2011-002.jpg  


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend snow ride
    By Jesterrider in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
  2. Snow bike this weekend?
    By crux in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM
  3. MRT clear of snow this weekend?
    By Mr Karl Hungus in forum Oregon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 09:26 AM
  5. Is there any good snow out there for this weekend?
    By BelaySlave in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •