mtbr member
    May 2009

Anyone ever used the RASE seatpost???

After serious frustrations with the Joplin and Joplin 4 im ready to go another route. The gravity dropper would be the next choice, but it doesnt have any setback, which i kinda need. The RASE does. Any of you guys or gals ever use this seatpost?
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    KS i900r

I have the no setback i950 and DIG it.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The kind is air/oil sprung? Does it have problems with the air and oil mixing and then not staying up, like both my joplins have? It looks sick!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdavis
    After serious frustrations with the Joplin and Joplin 4 im ready to go another route. The gravity dropper would be the next choice, but it doesnt have any setback, which i kinda need. The RASE does. Any of you guys or gals ever use this seatpost?
    Thanks!!
    Stay far away from the RASE, unless you like the sound of rat-ta-tat-tat-tat when not seated. The post works great, but is so damn noisy it will make you crazy, & I wont even mention what a boat anchor it is. I used it for 1 ride here in Ft Collins & I was done with it. I also run the Joplins, they are a bit of a crap shoot when it comes to reliability, but still my favorite post, though, as o-froggy mentioned, the new K posts seem to be pretty nice & most everyone likes them.

mlb6d9
    Feb 2009
    I got one in April, and I've had nothing but good riding with it. Rode in Moab, Fruita, and the Front Range. I'm a 6'-3" 250# Clyde, and ride aggressively - it has performed flawlessly. I highly recommend buying one.....I have not had the noise issue that some others have had, and it does have a little rotational play but it needs to have some to work effectively. Besides, once you become accustomed to the 9" of reliable, smooth travel you will forget ALL about the play. Yeah, it's a little higher priced than the others but definitely worth it! (They are currently $50 off, and free shipping to boot)
    Last edited by mlb6d9; 06-18-2010 at 01:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005