contains quinine

Anyone else ride bikes this weekend?

So...

<a href='"http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=749980#post749980">Did anyone else ride bikes this weekend?</a>

Any other poorly written stories? Any other crappy pictures?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

locked - time out
    Kinda sorta - if you call riding indoors on concrete and masonite riding.

contains quinine

locked - time out
    Way to rub it in

Kick Start My Heart

I did...

But nothing as cool as that. Just around town through the path system on Saturday. Didn't have time to leave town, but I did swing through Palmer on the way back home.

mtbr member
    Yes...and more than 60 pics of the ride...
    Pueblo Reservoir - TWO THUMBS UP...
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me

mtbr member

Good job!

So... Where is this wonderland?

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    So... Where is this wonderland?
    Salida. Not the Rainbow, not the Crest, but behind the big S hill.

Stupid and Dangerous
    Had a blast ridding St. Vrain / Miller's Rock trail on Saturday.

It was surprisingly good either crusty snow or dry (no mud at all). The snow made a normally easy trail a lot more chalenging. Plus the technical climbs towards Miller's Rock were dry so we played there for a while.

A nice "spring time" ride just before the snow rolled in.
    By the way, it says "BALLS" on yor face

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Yep

I checked out a new play spot on the DH bike down in Parker. Lots of potential!

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by mango
    Had a blast ridding St. Vrain / Miller's Rock trail on Saturday.

It was surprisingly good either crusty snow or dry (no mud at all). The snow made a normally easy trail a lot more chalenging. Plus the technical climbs towards Miller's Rock were dry so we played there for a while.

A nice "spring time" ride just before the snow rolled in.
    Wow... I wouldn't have thought have heading up there. Of course, now it'll be snowbound for a couple more weeks, which is good.

Great place, btw.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by spceng
    I checked out a new play spot on the DH bike down in Parker. Lots of potential!
    Where in Parker, if you don't mind me asking?

mtbr member
    Did Devils Backbone for the first time. Very nice trail. Got on the road bike saturday afternoon/evening just before the snow started to fall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

... and if we just ... saturday loop

got in a great ride this past saturday. i hate doing laps, so to get in an adequate ride we did a huge loop of lakewood and golden. we left lakewood in the morning around 8:30, and began the 3 mile warm up to green mountain. started up green mountain at the eastern most trailhead off alameda. climbed up the singletrack switchbacks and then up the fire road to the tower. continued on the fireroad all the way to the bridge over C470. rode up zorro, and made a right at the intersection with dakota. (this is the backwards way of doing dakota in my opinion, and not nearly as much fun. It works better for this loop though.) after making it down to the rode we proceeded north on the road (Hwy 40) going under Hwy. 70. we went past Apex to make our way to chimney gulch via lookout mountain road. we just rode the meat of chimney taking road for the bottom section, and the very top section. both these sections were dry, but the rest would have been sloppy. of course now it won't be rideable for quite a while. followed the road all the way to Apex and started the kick ass downhill. it was icy, muddy in parts but mostly in good shape. by this time my forearms are starting to burn a little. at the bottom of Apex we took Hwy. 40 back up and over to Morrison Slide. by this time the trail is pretty busy, and we are tired but still riding strong. after descending morrison slide we cross 40 again to work our way back around dakota. still feeling good at this point, but know that the worst is still to come. so we cross the road again and start up the switchbacks. at this point the anaerobic climbing hurts, but we push through. i manage to run into a tree stump, and to some damage to my arm and knees. get through that section fairly well with the exception to the stupid wipeout, and make a right down zorro. now we are on the home stretch, and get my third wind. head back over to green mountain and take single track all the way back to the eastern most parking lot. from there we head home after at great ride on a beautiful day in the middle of march. here are the stats. right under 35 miles, right around 4 hours of ride time, and by my calculation over 5,000 feet of elevation gain.
    stoked we could get in this early season semi-epic, considering the current weather conditions. will post rides in the future if anyone is interested in joining.

Motion activated
    I had a farking great week-end. The wife and I rode the upper loop at MW on Sat. morning. Not that exciting by itself, but I got my 05' Vanilla dialed in which put a huge on my face. I rode my new bike all last season with a 1/2 working fork. That vanilla is so much more capable... it's going to be a great season. Sunday the wife and I headed up to loveland resort and spent the afternoon over at the number 8 lift surfing the 6" of powder (there was still a lot left and most people had cleared off). Best day on the board I've had in 2 years. Man I love Colorado.
    Last edited by Steve71; 03-14-2005 at 04:07 PM.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

I can't ride 45!

contains quinine

Good thread!

Now I've got some good daydream material as I'm looking outside at all the snow...

Thanks guys!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hell yeah, Fri was templeton on the MB and Sat we were in the Canyon on our cross bikes, trails were in great shape and it was a blast! No pics, sorry bros

a dad
    Jan 2004
    well i was in maui for the past 10 days (poor me) and to get back to this weather is a bit depressing, was hoping to do some riding, but it doesn't look promising...on the bright side yesterday i was surfing...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

My cup runneth over
    Did the usual figure 8 (2 1/2 hours) - I never get bored of the same old trails (especially before 7:00 am!)