Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Anyone else get nailed by the hail up north?

out on a road ride, barely made it home in time to escape the barrage; the last five miles or so i was hauling to try and stay with the leading edge of the clouds. feel sorry for the few other riders i saw out, who i know ended up under whatever roadside/trailside shelter they could find. lasted nearly half an hour, thick, heavy stones. ouch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Cynical Bystander
    Its sunny down here.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    I just got a bit up on the Freak 2 Freak, it did get me to cut it short though. Smelled damn good!

addict
    Apr 2004

"a lap too far"

it started hammering on my second lap a hall ranch, lighting, hail rain, the whole enchilada. trail was very sketchy racing back to the car. fun had by all.

later, j

Rolling
    I was riding north boulder and luckly missed it Dave. Saw that haunting storm and worried big time.

contains quinine
    Saw it too. Was worried about my car as I parked in loungemont for an interview. Wished I was riding anyway, glad to hear you made it unscathed.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I missed it as well while I was on the Boulder Creek Path riding, thank god. Poured like a mother f'er last night when I crashed.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    out on a road ride, barely made it home in time to escape the barrage; the last five miles or so i was hauling to try and stay with the leading edge of the clouds. feel sorry for the few other riders i saw out, who i know ended up under whatever roadside/trailside shelter they could find. lasted nearly half an hour, thick, heavy stones. ouch.
    I live over on the NE side of Longmont (near Ute Creek Golf Course) and didn't get any hail at all, but the sky sure looked like it could happen at any moment.

Was gorgeous outside until I got off work at 4, then it got nasty....It always seems to work like that.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    I live over on the NE side of Longmont (near Ute Creek Golf Course) and didn't get any hail at all, but the sky sure looked like it could happen at any moment.

Was gorgeous outside until I got off work at 4, then it got nasty....It always seems to work like that.

Had a friend who lives one block off of Mountainview and Airport get her car drilled by golfball sized hail. That's very close to you. Amazing how defined these storms can be.
    Astigmatic Visionary

ride
    I got hailed on quite a bit today. Due to Hall being muddy, I opted for higher terrain. Found a forest trail that was mostly rock so I carried on. About at my turnaround point, the misty rain turned into a thunderin' torrential downpour. At least I was going downhill. Fun stuff. Started hailing quite a bit, too. And cold. The irony was that, just as it was raining and hailing the hardest, I was only 10 minutes away from my car and the sun came out. Great ride, though.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Team Cspine

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by chainsmoker
    it started hammering on my second lap a hall ranch, lighting, hail rain, the whole enchilada. trail was very sketchy racing back to the car. fun had by all.
    Enchiladas.................
    Sorry what?

go big or go home
    its been all rain here in fort collins..