mtbr member

Anybody want to ride 8/15 - 8/20?

So I'll be in the Eagle-Vail and Denver areas with family on vacation this week and I'm planning a move to the Denver area in the next month or so. I'd really like to get a feel for the trails in the area and what kind of terrain I can be expecting as I'm currently on a Giant Anthem and will replacing it before I move out there. Beer's on me after the ride if anyone wants to spend a few mid-to-advanced level hours out on the trail! Suggestions for trails with a little bit of everything are welcome as well!
    -Chris
    Ride More

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

I in?

I might be available to ride, but I'm in a similar boat. I'm passing through and trying to find folks to ride with too. I was looking into Keystone for a day (Wed 15th) but if that won't work and good ride in the Boulder area (that's where were staying) would work too. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Vail Riding

Quote Originally Posted by CRogge
    So I'll be in the Eagle-Vail and Denver areas with family on vacation this week and I'm planning a move to the Denver area in the next month or so. I'd really like to get a feel for the trails in the area and what kind of terrain I can be expecting as I'm currently on a Giant Anthem and will replacing it before I move out there. Beer's on me after the ride if anyone wants to spend a few mid-to-advanced level hours out on the trail! Suggestions for trails with a little bit of everything are welcome as well!
    -Chris
    Check out Colorado Bike Service in Eagle-Vail. They will point you to some great trails; Son of Middle Creek, Lost Lake, North Trail, Meadow Mountain (Whiskey Creek).. All good rides consisting of up hill climbing at first (1/2 hr -1 hr) then some fast descents with just about everything. Personally, the best riding in the Valley.

The Dog.

Front Range

Hi Chris-

I'd be happy to show you around on the front range. I already have a ride arranged on Wednesday, but besides that I'm open. I'm not working right now, so we can even ride weekday mornings! From your previous "what bike to buy" thread it sounds like you are more into the all mountain side of things than me. Still, I'm happy to take you to white ranch or whatever. You'll just have to wait at the bottom and listen to my v-brakes wail. Don't worry, though, I'll wait for you at the top.

PM me if you are interested.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention this. I don't know if your bike is coming in a box or if you are planning to build it up in Vail, but I have a pretty dang nice shop in my house if you're interested in using it.

~Ben
    Last edited by Dogdude222; 08-13-2007 at 04:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Dogdude222

I arrived in Boulder this afternoon. I am looking to get a ride in Wed, either here or in Keystone. If your up for a ride, reply or pm and let's see what we can workout. I ride an AM style but long aggressive cx works too. Let me know...
    Craig

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone riding Friday? I'm open to anything from DHing at Keystone, to an XC ride on Kenosha/Georgia Pass, Monarch Crest shuttle, Nederland, or we can crank some miles and do a 40 miler at Buff Creek. let me know

The Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger
    Anyone riding Friday? I'm open to anything from DHing at Keystone, to an XC ride on Kenosha/Georgia Pass, Monarch Crest shuttle, Nederland, or we can crank some miles and do a 40 miler at Buff Creek. let me know
    Ummm...Buff Creek sounds pretty nice. I rode Indian Creek today and felt like total ass for some reason. Hopefully I'll have my legs back tomorrow. Morning ride ok? Would love to beat the T-storms. Meeting at the Ranger Station?

~Ben

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    What do you think of Kenosha to Georgia or is that more than you want to bite off? if we do Buff Creek I could be there by 8 or any time thereafter?

The Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger
    What do you think of Kenosha to Georgia or is that more than you want to bite off? if we do Buff Creek I could be there by 8 or any time thereafter?
    Kenosha always sounds great, but I just did that ride on Sunday and, unfortunately, I crashed...hard. I'll be ok for a little while without that ride. How about we shoot for 9 at the ranger station next to the forest road? Is that ok?

I'll PM you with my email.

~Ben

The Dog.
    Ahhh...sorry, slight change of plans. Could we do 10:30 instead?

Please confirm by email.

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    Thanks to all of you that responded. Sorry I didn't follow up with anyone on the rides, but it sounds like a couple of you met up for a ride via this thread. I ended up going out on Meadow Mountain and back down Whiskey Creek on Monday. I ran into (got passed by) a dude named Griff from Leadville on the way up and we finished out the climb and then bombed it down Whiskey Creek into Eagle Vail. We rode again with his girlfriend this morning on Paulie's Plunge in Beaver Creek. While the Beaver Creek resort area wasn't exactly my scene, Paulie's Plunge was a cool little piece of trail! Thanks Griff! I'll be in touch soon if I end up moving out to CO!
    Ride More