mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Anybody riding Lory State Park ?

I wonder if the pump track and dirt jumps will open soon.

slow
    South part of the valley was a mess on Saturday. With last night's snow, it might need a few days. Given the forecast this week, Saturday could be OK. For the latest info, call the park (970-493-1623) and speak with a ranger before heading up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I rode through there yesterday (before the snow) and the pump track was dry. It's the first time I have checked it out. Pretty cool! I'd say it will dry out fast from last night's snow, and should be good to go soon. Check with Lory to be sure, though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Lory

Thanks for the update. I rode the Fix today and will check out Lory this weekend.

what nice teeth you have
    The FC bmx track is dry too if your into that.

Stand back
    And the Denver sk8pk is dry if you can't make the drive to Ft. Fun...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

I Rode at Lory today 2-28-08

Rob here from Singletrack Mind. I started at Lory today from the southern most parking lot at 10:30 or so. I rode Nomad, Tower road, and Loggers back to the parking lot. The Lower valley was a little muddy but not too bad. Not nearly as bad as I expected it might be. The soft stuff was only on the topsoil and didn't appear to rut out when you rode over it. Tower road was great! There is some snow in some of the shady areas but for the most part it was dry. The snowy areas where not deep and I still got great traction. I decided to drop in at Loggers road cause it's so shady up there and I had a hunch there would still be a lot of snow. I was right, it was pretty bad in some areas as you might expect. The good news, even the deeper snow provided decent traction because it was older crunchy snow. The bad, lots of snow and some icy descents. It was still a great ride. I rarely had to get off my bike because the snow and the ground seemed solid enough that it wasn't destroying the trail. On a side note, the trail might get worse as the day progresses, so if your going to make the trip you'd be better off doing it early. It was nice to get a quality ride somewhere other than the backbone for once. I can't hardly wait to be ridding Mill creek again...

Leaving, I did see someone ridding the pump track and it looked to be pretty dry.

~Rob