650b me

Anybody ride to work this morning?

I'm sure there are some hardcore commuters out there that did...not me though!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy
    I'm sure there are some hardcore commuters out there that did...not me though!

I saw one going north on Indiana. He didn't look too happy.

mtbr member
    The Wind here in Broomfield is out of control . Was going for a ride today but not anymore.
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

Alaskan in exile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klein_Christopher
    The Wind here in Broomfield is out of control . Was going for a ride today but not anymore.
    I commuted, and it was great. Of course there wasn't a breath of wind down here in Parker! Sunny and warm too!
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The tail wind was sweet, fastest commute this year...the ride home on the other hand will be much less fun unless the wind dies down (east to west through Boulder, wind comes ripping off the foothills).

!Vamos, flaco!
    I rode from Strongmont to Boulder. Brutal. A 1 hour commute became 1 hour 30 mintes, half of which had the bike at a 30 degree angle.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

650b me
    I just found out a coworker rode in this morning. About 6 miles from Wheat Ridge to Golden. He said he used his granny gear some of the time!

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    are you not in CB anymore?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    87 mph gust recorded at Carter Lake. My afternoon road ride is quickly becoming a trip to the gym.

I dream on two wheels
    I did, on the Nomad too. It seems to me that no matter which direction I'm going the wind is against me, its frustrating but better than driving any day. This morning I got to work with sand in my teeth from the wind blowing in my face.

-Simon
    Whiskey

Too busy looking good
    Rode from east Longmont to IBM today, yes it was sketchy. Since the wind was out of the west, riding south was tricky, the gusts kept trying to push me into traffic. I actually preferred going into the wind even though I was only moving about 5 MPH at times. I had a customer call at 9 AM this morning that I was almost late for, normally traffic+wind is enough stress, I didn't appreciate the extra pressure.

I'll set a record on the ride home tonight though!

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    UGHH! i knew i would find a thread about this...haha.

i rode 12 miles from arvada to golden INTO the wind on my singlespeed. had to take a few breaks when the gusts coming down the foothills were completely stopping all my momentum. ride home should be awesome!!!

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    I just read that the wind crushed a roof of a house near DBB.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Was planning on riding this morning, but the thought of my 3.5 mile singlespeed cruiser journey taking an hour dissuaded me.

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwhan
    Was planning on riding this morning, but the thought of my 3.5 mile singlespeed cruiser journey taking an hour dissuaded me.

should have done it. was QUITE the workout.

$!/#%&!!!
    Hell no! I threw the bike in the car and rode Hall Ranch instead. Then threw it back in the car and drove to work. Several times I actually had to pedal while going downhill to even move an inch. It was strange to be pointed downhill and not moving when you are used to a few pumps and then gravity sending you down.
    I saw roadies on HWY 36 using the ol' 30 degree lean trick getting blown into traffic by the wind gusts.
    I'm gone, Mangk!