a dad
    Jan 2004

Anybody ride today? whats dry?

just got back to town, hoping to get out this week as it looks nice..D Ridge looked pretty good on the way into town, anyone ride it?? have the week off if anyone is looking to ride....how is Palmer park looking anyone??
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Now Uploading
    Went up the west side of North Table this afternoon. Looked dry at first as much of that side is in the sun this time of year, called it half way up on acount of muck which soon gathered what amounts to hay packed around the tires. Was fun. Not really. I think I have more tire clearance now though without that worthless fork paint, plus my bike must be lighter without it...

What's wet? The drivetrain on my AC after I washed it.

If it dries up somewhere this week, I'll lube that bike up and ride. Would like to get a couple of rides in this week, but we'll see...

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

mtbr member

Good job!

I rode up Chutes down in the springs yesterday (Thanks TVC15 for the new trail) it was snowed in all the way up and TOUGH riding. From the top I took the road till it turns into singletrack and rode that for a mile or two. I got first bike tracks and I know why nobody had ridden that far up. The road was icy the singletrack was snowy. On the plus side there was only one other rider I saw, he mentioned that going up Chutes was probably not a great idea, oh well there's no accounting for taste. Tried Columbine, holt sh!t that baby was snowed in too. Of course if it's in the 50s all week it should be nice by the weekend, or if you dig snow riding give it a shot.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    I rode up Chutes down in the springs yesterday (Thanks TVC15 for the new trail) it was snowed in all the way up and TOUGH riding. From the top I took the road till it turns into singletrack and rode that for a mile or two. I got first bike tracks and I know why nobody had ridden that far up. The road was icy the singletrack was snowy. On the plus side there was only one other rider I saw, he mentioned that going up Chutes was probably not a great idea, oh well there's no accounting for taste. Tried Columbine, holt sh!t that baby was snowed in too. Of course if it's in the 50s all week it should be nice by the weekend, or if you dig snow riding give it a shot.
    Cool, I almost hit the canyon and tried Palmer instead, it needs to cook a few more days. Up Chutes and down Columbine is a good winter loop when the snow is crunchy and not too deep.

My cup runneth over
    Rode Green Mountain on Friday and ran it on Saturday. The lower trails were OK long dry spots between packed and drifts. Was pretty decent to ride and run. The trails higher up were significantly muddier. I might go again tomorrow, maybe a lower GM to D-Ridge around RR and back might work...