"the" fashion advisor

Anybody ride Strawberry Creek, Caribou & High Lonseome Lately?

I will be up in the Winter Park area next weekend and thinking of hitting an old classic ride I haven't done for a couple of seasons--Strawberry Creek, Caribou and High Lonesome over to Cty Rd. 8.

Anybody been on these trails lately? Conditions? Anything else epic/backcountry that has been good this season? I haven't been out in the WP area for a couple of years and know the "standard" stuff in Fraser Exp. Forest, the resort etc. I'll hit some of that, but also like to get off the beaten path once in awhile.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    chic - did you end up riding high lonesome? how was it?

I can't ride 45!
    I rode caribou, strawberry creek & west, and doe (both directions - ugh) about three weeks ago. Someone has been working on the first part of caribou but otherwise it was a primitive as ever. The others were in good shape too.

"the" fashion advisor

Unfortunately no...

Quote Originally Posted by SingleAndRigid
    chic - did you end up riding high lonesome? how was it?
    I had aspirations of getting there, but did manage to get in about 100 miles in the 4 days I was there. Hit most of the good stuff in Fraser Exp Forest, rode the KOR race course Friday and a bunch of other stuff in/around the resort and the Idlewild area back off County Road 8 up through Broken Thumb, Buck Creek etc. Good times and the weather certainly cooperated other than the Thursday night rains, but stuff wasn't so bad by mid-day Friday! In fact, it was quite nice.

Next time....

mtbr member
    thanks for the update. sounds like you had a good time up there.

"the" fashion advisor

No complaints.....

Quote Originally Posted by SingleAndRigid
    thanks for the update. sounds like you had a good time up there.
    well, maybe just wondering if people were in a bad mood last weekend or what as it sure seemed like whenever I said hi to someone on the trail they just stared at me and refused to even say hello. I felt like I was out with a bunch of roadies!!! Strange for mountain bikers and not to mention what I usually run into up there. Oh well, trails were good.....