mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Anybody ridden Triple Bypass and Laramie Enduro?

Signed up for both this year. A first time on both of them. Trained about as much as work, family and motivation will allow. Getting excited about my "busy" July.

Has anyone ridden both? Experiences? Comparisons of effort and suffering?
    "Biking lets you come alive both in body and spirit- the bike disappears and you feel as if you're suspended in midair"GKlein

mtbr member
    Ridden both twice (both were actually ridden on tandem bikes)
    Laramie = more fun.
    Triple = more elevation, more miles and longer ride time.

Tough climb at mile 60 ish at Laramie, so leave a little in the tank.

Obvious differences of road vs. Mtb, but not worth getting into that here.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Triple 5 times. Enduro once and signed up again this year.

Triple - start as early as you can. I think they let you on Squaw pass at 6:00am? Try to stay ahead of the mass of cyclists and your day will go a lot faster. If you're in with the crowd, the lines for water, food, and port-a-potties take a lot longer. Take in the view on Loveland pass. Don't think you're done when you get to Vail. You'll still have 20 miles to pedal, usually into a headwind, into Avon.

Laramie - Great single track with some dirt roads mixed in (handy for eating on the bike). If you can get friends to meet you at each aid station, it sure is nice having your own support. There's a nasty climb at the end that most people walk. Plan on it and enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

The triple many times

This will be first time without he dreaded i70 piece, so I'm looking forward to see how much nicer that is. Leave early! Better to be in Avon when the storms roll through. Watch the weather and be prepared for changing conditions. A few years back, the attrition was extreme when the weather was cold and stormy the whole day.

Be prepared for squarely riders (again, leave early) and use discretion about joining pace lines if you don't the the group, I've seen some horrible results! Otherwise, it's a great ride.

Rigid in Evergreen
    The Triple is great until you get to Breckenridge and have to start riding on the bike path clogged with tourist traffic (same story with the Copper Triangle, albeit in the opposite direction). Oh, and watch out for the steel posts keeping motor vehicles off the bike path segments... they seem like a pretty popular thing to run into.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    The Triple is great until you get to Breckenridge and have to start riding on the bike path clogged with tourist traffic (same story with the Copper Triangle, albeit in the opposite direction). Oh, and watch out for the steel posts keeping motor vehicles off the bike path segments... they seem like a pretty popular thing to run into.
    You mean Frisco. The TBP doesn't go through Breckenridge.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    You mean Frisco. The TBP doesn't go through Breckenridge.
    You get on it at the high school with the aid station just north of Breck across from the end of Swan Rd... the high school has a Breckenridge mailing address.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    You get on it at the high school with the aid station just north of Breck across from the end of Swan Rd... the high school has a Breckenridge mailing address.
    They might have a Breckenridge PO box but I don't think anyone who lives in Summit County thinks of Farmers Corner as being in Breckenridge. Breckenridge is 6 miles up the Valley.