Medicine Wheel Guy

Anybody Missing a Bike?

This is up on Craigslist in CS, but something smells fishy about it...

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/bik/787868472.html

Of course, if it's legit, I'll kill this post right away.

mtbr member
    why is it fishy?

first off, doesnt look like a BLT to me, looks like a Blur Classic or the 4x with a Van on it.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Well, if you are right, it just proves my point, which is that it doesn't seem to be written by a person knowledgeable about the equipment, plus it's not listed on either the Denver or Boulder sections of CL. If it's a stolen bike, I'm just trying to help out.

But hey, like I said, if it's legit, I'll make it go away ASAP.

Perpetually single track
    yeah..seems sketchy to me...better safe than sorry...though with the guy asking that much, it may be legit. Figure most thieves would be asking well below market value...in part because they don't know what it is.

Ask for the serial number before you check it out and run it on the national DB. Had a buddy buy a bike off CL and he did that AFTER the purchase (couple things about the transaction were questionable)...turns out it was stolen. Original owner got his bike back, my buddy was out the cash...but felt good about being honest.

mtbr member
    agreed. I didnt see that it was posted on the Springs version of Craigslist.

Thread Terrorist
    email the guy/gal for details. Just say, hey, want to know more about the bike, what are the components, what did you upgrade on the headset, what kind of pedals are they and do you have the cleats for them. Where was this bike purchased, and can I transfer the warranty? crap like that.

Edit: Email sent.