eci

any trails like???

Matthew winters / morrison slide???

Looking for fun fairly flat (little hills here and there) for some xc riding

thanks

locked - time out
    I'm not sure I understand.

You might try the base of Green Mountain, Bear Creek lake park, or Chatfield res.

Perpetually single track
    Me no understand either...you looking for trails that are technical with not much climbing? Or something else...if the former, I'd also suggest Apex, or drive to the top of white ranch to avoid the big climb. Devil's backbone and Hall are also good for techy and will be open most of the winter...course they're way the hell north for you.

locked - time out
    On another note, Wes and I went and hit the gigantic drop-in @ Bandemere (right off 470) the other day and scoped out a REALLY nice 12-15 ft drop near Green Mountian that has a 45 degree landing and plenty of run out, if you are just looking for stuff to goof around on...

Not just famous; infamous

If you're talkin' flat (uhm, fairly) but technical...

...and close to Denver, my vote would be White Ranch. Like ibmkid said, drive to the top and have fun. Just be careful on the waterbars in the snow. They're a wee bit slickery

Not that I have any experience falling off my bike

If you're going to ride WR, LOTB, (SW Denver area) etc, post a time and place. Riding WR in the snow could be interesting.
    Gotta get some pads for Xmas....

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    I'm not sure I understand.

You might try the base of Green Mountain, Bear Creek lake park, or Chatfield res.

im looking for something technical with not a whole lot of climbing, and the climbing being spread out. (somthing that i can reminiss about pennsultucky while im riding on)

Def not apex, waterton, roxborough green mtn.

Def up for headin to that drop, gotta get the bike back tho its in the shop gettin the rear brake reeducated

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    ...and close to Denver, my vote would be White Ranch. Like ibmkid said, drive to the top and have fun. Just be careful on the waterbars in the snow. They're a wee bit slickery

Not that I have any experience falling off my bike

If you're going to ride WR, LOTB, (SW Denver area) etc, post a time and place. Riding WR in the snow could be interesting.
    Gotta get some pads for Xmas....
    im looking for something like scotia or tussey ridge trail, darn i miss those

locked - time out
    I think that Cherry Creek res. has some fast, rolling singletrack - but I've never checked it out - don't you work in DTC? It would be pretty close...

Not just famous; infamous

Ahhh, memories....

Yup, nothin' like sliding off the babyheads on the trail into a big ol' patch of multiflora rose. Or coming around a corner and having to immediately clear a tree that fell across the trail the night before. Good times! One of these days, I gotta get back to State College and ride Rothrock again. Just a gorgeous area. Wanna do the Shingletown Gap ride, too, Never got to do that when I lived there. Someday.

Of course, I also want to ride in the 24 hour Moab race, join the unofficial Turner gathering in Tahoe next September and ride Sedona and BC at some point. Oh yeah, gotta ride Porky rim, and Slickrock and half a dozen other trails in Moab. Doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon though. Our first kid's due Xmas day Guess for the time being, I'll just have to suffer here on the front range

What the hell's PSU's record anyway. Haven't seen a game in a long time. Guess it's time to check out psu.edu.

I live in DTC and haven't found anything exciting at CCSP. It's a good mellow ride if there's nothing else open, but it's usually really muddy for a while after it snows or rains. Looks like it's time to break out the POS with the slicks.

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    im looking for something like scotia or tussey ridge trail, darn i miss those
    Last edited by coolhandluchs; 11-19-2004 at 02:20 PM.

mtbr member

Boulder

Come up here to Boulder and there are plenty of trails to ride. Hall is great, but there is a lot of climbing... but a lot of downhill on the way back. Heil Valley is a very gradual climb, but it is for 4 miles straight. There are tons of "lame" trails in Boulder too, not too exciting, but seem to be what you are wanting. What bike is this for?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Come up here to Boulder ...

There are tons of "lame" trails in Boulder too, not too exciting, but seem to be what you are wanting. What bike is this for?
    Betasso might be something like you want. There is some climbing (about 600ft over a mile), and its about 1/2 singletrack & 1/2 doubletrack. The catch is that it isn't technical at all.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    im looking for something technical with not a whole lot of climbing, and the climbing being spread out. (somthing that i can reminiss about pennsultucky while im riding on)

Def not apex, waterton, roxborough green mtn.
    You are kinda' SOL. The flatish stuff around here tends to be non-techy. If you want techy around here, the majority of it involves climbing.....

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/15406/30/

Pick up books one and two of these, if you haven't already. Helped me find trails when I first moved here.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

eci
    See back in pa there was this nice area called jim thorpe many have called it epic, the best riding in the world. singletrack trails 16 miles long, vertical climbing was 100 ft at most, it was faast gnarly and extremely rolling fun.

Then i found state college, scotia forest was amazing, trails as long as you could go, interesections everywhere, you could get lost for days at a time, trees across trails were everywhere fun to roll over. Next thing i know my friend tells me about tussey ridge trail 4.x miles long 2 mile road ride up to a 100 ft climb. then you had 4 miles of curvy singletrack through blueberry bushes with 3 awesome tech rock gardens, and 3 rock bridges over big fallen trees. Life could not of been more fun.

Now i live in colorado. where i enjoy DH soo much more bc i do not enjoy the xc as much. So i am hoping to find some places (other then mw) that i can ride that will be fun(for me)(not that waterton or dakota or apex isnt fun)

Thats my dilemma, thanks

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    You are kinda' SOL. The flatish stuff around here tends to be non-techy. If you want techy around here, the majority of it involves climbing.....

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/15406/30/

Pick up books one and two of these, if you haven't already. Helped me find trails when I first moved here.
    Yep, I bought those two books (and a Front Range trail guide by Falcon I believe) and they have all been very helpful with finding rides. The worst part is reading about all these trails and finding the time to get them all ridden.

Perpetually single track
    Not techy, but buttery FAST single track at the Buffalo Creek section of the Colorado trail...worth a shot....Like scruby says though...most of the techy involves climbing....

Preemptive Revenger

I second Buff Creek...

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Not techy, but buttery FAST single track at the Buffalo Creek section of the Colorado trail...worth a shot....Like scruby says though...most of the techy involves climbing....
    ...for non-techy, no big climbs, buff creek is the best near the front range. Ummm, either ride it tonight or wait until May...
    Friends don't let friends give their money to NORBA.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Stand back

waterton is fast/ rolling

Quote Originally Posted by rapwithtom
    ...for non-techy, no big climbs, buff creek is the best near the front range. Ummm, either ride it tonight or wait until May...
    if i remember a couple tech sections. Ok, so it's probly not quite what you're looking for, but it does remind ME of home...
    I need to hook up w/ you guys doing the drops around here. I been eyeing up the c470 retaining wall, but not sure where to hit it...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

occasionally good
    Quote Originally Posted by rapwithtom
    When the trail's dry again you might also try the lower portion of Elk Meadows/Bergen Peak. If you don't want to climb stay away from the peak, but the lower portion is about a 5 mile fun, rolly loop. You can do laps if you want it longer - it's worth it.

Alderfur/3 Sisters is the same. If you want a fun downhill with a few whoops make sure to hit the mountain side, but don't take the turn that puts you on the peak. You'll get a little climbing (about half-way up the mountain) but it's really easy.

Yummmm.... Buffalo Creek......

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    if i remember a couple tech sections. Ok, so it's probly not quite what you're looking for, but it does remind ME of home...
    I need to hook up w/ you guys doing the drops around here. I been eyeing up the c470 retaining wall, but not sure where to hit it...
    If you're referring to the retaining wall behind the movie theatres off Broadway - there are several bricks knocked loose right above the water stain that is visible from 470 - this is a good spot to hit it (8') - though the landing is not quite as sloped as would be ideal - you can also hit several lower spots 4-6 ft north of that, the theatre people came out and told us to leave last time though, but this was a first (granted, we've only been there 3 times) there is also a bigger section to the south of the 8' - probably 10' with a better tranny - but I have not had an opportunity to hit that one yet. PM me if you want - I'd be up for hitting it again soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Snowskilz, try Flyin J

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingirl1961
    When the trail's dry again you might also try the lower portion of Elk Meadows/Bergen Peak. If you don't want to climb stay away from the peak, but the lower portion is about a 5 mile fun, rolly loop. You can do laps if you want it longer - it's worth it.

Alderfur/3 Sisters is the same. If you want a fun downhill with a few whoops make sure to hit the mountain side, but don't take the turn that puts you on the peak. You'll get a little climbing (about half-way up the mountain) but it's really easy.

Yummmm.... Buffalo Creek......
    It's flat and fast-about 4 mile loop. You can ride a 35+ lb bike there no prob. It's a lap fest for sure, but not too bad. It's not Bear Creek/Chatfield lame, it's actual singletrack with some of the familiar tight turns and twists between trees like you had back east. It's off 285 in Conifer. I think it's on the way to Evergreen as you head north from Conifer on whatever highway that is. Parking area just off to the left about 1 mile off 285.

eci
    thanks for all the info guys i will def try out the above noted places