Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007

Any shops in Boulder rent bike boxes?

I need a bike box for a weekend coming up. Are there any shops in the Boulder area that rent?

mtbr member
    Cardboard or hard plastic? I've gotten several free cardboard boxes from bike shops. Great for shipping bikes. Typically they have them laying in the back and are more than happy to let you help yourself to them.

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebrett View Post
    Cardboard or hard plastic? I've gotten several free cardboard boxes from bike shops. Great for shipping bikes. Typically they have them laying in the back and are more than happy to let you help yourself to them.
    Hardshell

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Any shops in Boulder rent bike boxes?

Totally, unless you do this all the time a free cardboard bike box from your LBS, a pack of zip ties, a package of foam pipe insulation, and packing tape from your local hardware store will do nicely...and is easy on the wallet.

mtbr member
    Totally late, but the guys at Boulder Bikesmith have hooked me up in the past. Nice case with lots of foam options, I rented for two weeks and it was dirt cheap.
    ...and the Nun said, "Five bucks, same as in town."

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Revotseel View Post
    Totally late, but the guys at Boulder Bikesmith have hooked me up in the past. Nice case with lots of foam options, I rented for two weeks and it was dirt cheap.
    Thanks, I'll give them a try.