mtbr member

Any schedule of events for Winter Park / Trestle for 2014?

I have been looking around on the net the last couple of days and I can't find any schedule of events for Winter Park in 2014. A small group of us from Northeast Wyoming are planning a trip down this summer and wanted to pick a weekend when there were no races or other events going on. Does anybody know the schedule yet? Right now we are shooting for August 16 and 17, but we aren't locked into anything yet.

Any help and advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

Tribe Member
    Here is the cross country race schedule for WP - EpicSingleTrack.com - Home
    The EWS is there at the end of July.

Good luck with your trip.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    I have been looking around on the net the last couple of days and I can't find any schedule of events for Winter Park in 2014. A small group of us from Northeast Wyoming are planning a trip down this summer and wanted to pick a weekend when there were no races or other events going on. Does anybody know the schedule yet? Right now we are shooting for August 16 and 17, but we aren't locked into anything yet.

Any help and advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    It seemed like there was something going on every weekend I was there last year, I don't know if I was just unlucky or what, but sucks when stuff is always closed, probably won't buy a pass this year because of that...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Here is the cross country race schedule for WP - EpicSingleTrack.com - Home
    The EWS is there at the end of July.

Good luck with your trip.
    Thanks for the link.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    It seemed like there was something going on every weekend I was there last year, I don't know if I was just unlucky or what, but sucks when stuff is always closed, probably won't buy a pass this year because of that...
    We are wanting to avoid hitting a weekend where things are closed or the place is real busy. I had hoped I could find a schedule somewhere on the Winter Park web page that showed everything, but it doesn't look like anything there has been updated since the end of the season last year. I called the resort Monday and got an answering machine, so I left a message with my questions and my cell number but I haven't got a call back yet.

We need to lock this trip in pretty soon since we all have to have our vacation requests submitted in the next week in order to guarantee we can all get the days off (7 of us work for the same company). I would like to get the condo reserved too just to make sure we can get it on the weekend we want it.

One way or another we will make a decision pretty soon and it will be a good trip regardless. We will probably ride some singletrack in the area one day as well. Sounds like they have added some trails at WP since I was there last. I can't speak for the other guys, but I stick to the green and blue trails. It was a lot of fun last time I was down there.

BTW, does anybody have any recommendations for some good singletrack riding in the area? A couple of us have ridden at the resort a few years ago, but never ridden any singletrack in the area.

Grams Light Bikes
    Colorado Freeride Festival is 2427 July

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    Colorado Freeride Festival is 2427 July
    Thanks for the info.

Help me out here if you will. I know the Freeride Fest is at WP, and I looked for the dates. This is the web search I came up with for it, even though I typed 2014 in the search.

Colorado Freeride Festival: July 25-28, 2013

That is one of the pages I found that shows last years dates for stuff. Is there an up-dated web page that I missed? Yetirich put up a link with current dates that I missed. Makes me feel like I am Google illiterate or something.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    lots of great singletrack in the area, free maps available at local bikes shops.. you won't have any problem finding lots of fun stuff..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Tribe Member
    There is something going on almost every weekend in WP. There is so much singletrack though that unless you are at the base ski area you dont really notice it much. Start your riding in Fraser at the ballfields, head over to Idlewild and hit the trails there or even head down to Sol Vista/Grandby Ranch and ride there. You can be away from the crowds pretty easily
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    I called yesterday for a schedule and they are not ready yet.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Help me out here if you will. I know the Freeride Fest is at WP, and I looked for the dates. This is the web search I came up with for it, even though I typed 2014 in the search.

Colorado Freeride Festival: July 25-28, 2013

That is one of the pages I found that shows last years dates for stuff. Is there an up-dated web page that I missed? Yetirich put up a link with current dates that I missed. Makes me feel like I am Google illiterate or something.
    The haven't updated their info as yet. I am going by the EWS schedule for next year: Enduro World Series

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    The haven't updated their info as yet. I am going by the EWS schedule for next year: Enduro World Series
    NAET schedule agrees with that weekend: Colorado Freeride Festival - North American Enduro Tour
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the information and advise. I appreciate it.

Even if we do happen to hit it on a busy weekend, it will be a good trip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Granby Ranch is only 15 minutes drive from Winter Park and also has lift service.
    I've never been there, but heard it's a little smaller than WP, but still lots of fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonluv810 View Post
    Granby Ranch is only 15 minutes drive from Winter Park and also has lift service.
    I've never been there, but heard it's a little smaller than WP, but still lots of fun.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Yeah most of the trails are temporarily closed during the Freeride Fest / Enduro race. Don't come here then unless you want to spectate.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked