mtbr member

Any pump tracks/DJ in denver area??

are there any in the denver area? or close by? I know there are some North (fort collins) and South (colorado springs), but any in the denver metro area??

nice marmot.
    The Fix bike shop in Boulder has a pump track and DJs that I believe are open to the public if you sign a waiver. There are jumps at Lake Arbor (82nd & Wadsworth) but last I heard they were in pretty poor shape. There are some jumps just off the Highline Canal Trail that were actually in pretty good shape going into the winter, located near the end of W Fremont Circle, close to intersection of E Dry Creek Rd and S Broadway. All are sanctioned DJ areas. No matter where you go, it'll probably be awhile before they are dry & ridable. when you do go, bring a shovel, they'll all need work after the winter.

Edit: FWIW, the little jump park by the Highline Canal actually has some pretty cool features: a nice tree ride, a good fly-out jump for practicing tricks on, and some nice berms. The jumps are good sized but there aren't a ton of them...
    Last edited by ictoacoy; 02-12-2008 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    The only Denver pump track I knew about has been leveled by a road construction crew. Maybe when they're done with the road, the track will re-appear but right now there's a bunch of bulldozers, heavy machinery, and crap parked there.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    There is also a jump park in Gunbarrel. The easy line is much less technical than the "easy" line at the Fix.

_MK

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Lake Arbor for DJ with some pump-like features.

It was in pretty decent shape when I was there in November.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone interested in building one by Bluff Creek in NE Denver? I have the perfect place just East of Bluff Creek on the sand creek trail

Armchair Sasquatcheror

Sunset Park

Sunset park, off of *th and Kipling is a good place to build. I went out there on Sunday to check the status. We will need quite a few warm sunny days before it's ready though.

Someone from school of Mines posted on leelikesbikes.com the other day that they have approval to buils a pumptrack, DS couse somewhere in Golden. I don't know anythig else about it. I would definitely be down for lending a hand in construction.

Still on Training Wheels!
    The "V" behind community college of aurora is pretty sweet, just dont go on the weekends(bmx guys hate MTB) Some freakin huge stuff out there too.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    anyone down i have a shovel , bike and cell phone i live off i25 and 84th but ride down to colfax and down town , i just moved out here from arizona and ride lone wolf . it would be cool to meet some people over a big pump track dig.. Any one in??

Light freak

deleted

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    My oh my how things have changed, eh? For the better, I might add.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercepierce918 View Post
    anyone down i have a shovel , bike and cell phone i live off i25 and 84th but ride down to colfax and down town , i just moved out here from arizona and ride lone wolf . it would be cool to meet some people over a big pump track dig.. Any one in??
    Try and ignore the retro-grouches in this forum.

There are quite a few DJ spots and pump tracks around town. Barnum North Park, Golden Bike Park, Valmont Bike Park, as well as, parks in Superior, Lyons, and when the snow melts, the Friso Bike Park.

As for DIY spots, they're out there. Keep riding and you'll find them/be shown to them.