Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Any one going to Pueblo Tomorrow?

Looks like it is going to be nice. We didnt get any snow in the springs to speak of yesterday so I am wondering if Pueblo was as lucky.

Any trail reports would be helpful.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    We rode Red Gate last Sunday. Some of the trails had mud and slush, but for the most part they were in good shape. I don't know if they received any snow since then.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Sure looked like they were getting a little snow yesterday at the res, gonna be in the mid 50's as well tomm so you know what that means.

mtbr member

they got a little

Looks like west of town (twds the res) got anywhere from a trace to 1 inch. Any trail reports would be great. Where you at Muff?

New Picture.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    well when i stick to south shore to pedros to outer limits to voodoo, it is always pretty dry.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    We only had a dusting of snow down here and it's pretty much gone already. Conditions should be excellent this weekend.

The water level in the reservoir has risen substantially making access to Voodoo (at the water crossing) difficult at best - maybe impossible, I haven't tried in a couple of weeks. A reroute of this part of the trail is in the works.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbury1
    We only had a dusting of snow down here and it's pretty much gone already. Conditions should be excellent this weekend.

The water level in the reservoir has risen substantially making access to Voodoo (at the water crossing) difficult at best - maybe impossible, I haven't tried in a couple of weeks. A reroute of this part of the trail is in the works.
    Best news I've had all day!!

I will be there for sure. Ill be on a light green Superlight with my buddy on a Slayer and possibly another friend riding a 5-Spot. keep your eye out for me cause I really suck (and am outta shape)
    Last edited by sooner518; 02-15-2008 at 01:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    Best news I've had all day!!
    I Agree!!!! I am stoked!!!! Be there on a GF ProCaliber. Also just got a call from a few buddies that are coming down to go with me.
    Last edited by jeffkenn; 02-15-2008 at 03:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Most trails look good. Of course, the top trails are dry and the arroyos still have some mud, ice, etc. There will be a reroute of the VooDoo crossing, it has to be approved. I think Ozzie will update when that happens. I think the trails look good. wilbury1, what do you think?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Well, I was actually thinking of going down there tomorrow (long drive, but worth it for no snow) But I have never been down that far before? What are the trails like there? I usually ride Hall Ranch, so technical is fun to me. Ideas?

I also have some questions about the Pueblo trails. Do you start at Red Gate? Do you need to get a parks pass or admission? (Is it within Pueblo State Park, correct?)

thanks - MH
    Morrison, Fruita, Crested Butte, Salida

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelH
    I also have some questions about the Pueblo trails. Do you start at Red Gate? Do you need to get a parks pass or admission? (Is it within Pueblo State Park, correct?)

thanks - MH
    Well, you can start at the red gate, but I highly recommend actually going into the park itself. There is a kiosk located at the south side campground, close to the ranger station. There should be maps available there. You will need a parks pass to park in this area. We have noticed some broken glass up at the red gate (ie. busted car windows) in the recent past. Also, when people park in the rez, it gives the rangers, park managers a good idea of the trail usage (hopefully more mtber's than others ). Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is park in the park and support the local trail builders. This really helps the cause!!! Oh yeah and there is a variety of terrain; cruisers to rock gardens to bridges

I heart the drops
    so your giving the norco a workout? if you go down any chance you would have room for 1 more
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

Quote Originally Posted by Muff
    Well, you can start at the red gate, but I highly recommend actually going into the park itself. There is a kiosk located at the south side campground, close to the ranger station. There should be maps available there. You will need a parks pass to park in this area. We have noticed some broken glass up at the red gate (ie. busted car windows) in the recent past. Also, when people park in the rez, it gives the rangers, park managers a good idea of the trail usage (hopefully more mtber's than others ). Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is park in the park and support the local trail builders. This really helps the cause!!! Oh yeah and there is a variety of terrain; cruisers to rock gardens to bridges

I appreciate the info - thanks for the stuff!
    Morrison, Fruita, Crested Butte, Salida

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Can you buy a parks pass at the park, ranger station, kiosk?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    GiantSam, for sure, if you know where to go, I can get us there :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by System
    Can you buy a parks pass at the park, ranger station, kiosk?
    yes. 7 bucks per day. Not sure about the annual.

mtbr member
    Great news about a voodoo reroute. However, currently, is there another way to access voodoo other than wading through the lake (ex. from hwy 96)?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Annual Pass

http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/LakePueblo/Fees/

Lake Pueblo Fees

Park Passes
    Daily Park Pass: $6
    2008 Annual Pass $60 / $30 for seniors (Colorado resident age 64+)
    Go to the Parks Pass Information page for more information about annual passes, or puchase your 2008 annual pass online now!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzattack
    Great news about a voodoo reroute. However, currently, is there another way to access voodoo other than wading through the lake (ex. from hwy 96)?
    The water level is way beyond being able to wade through it at this point. However, I saw a friend of mine out there who rode it this morning. He just kept walking upstream from the old water crossing til he found a frozen spot he was able to walk across. Sorry I don't have more info than that - just saying it can be done!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Regarding Voodoo, I did some scouting up there today (and saw the tracks of the person mentioned in the last post). While it is possible to go upstream and cross where there is still ice, once the ice thaws I think it will not be passable; the water is just too deep. I'm curious where the reroute will be since continuing up the south side of the canyon eventually leads to some serious bluffs. My (untrained) gut feel is the only way to guarantee access is a bridge, which, given the width of the stream bed and the depth of the mud, is not a trivial project. Or, you could drop in off of 96 way further up, but those arroyos have some serious steep banks, so, again, not a trivial project.

We can rebuild him
    Quote Originally Posted by BonkedAgain
    Regarding Voodoo, I did some scouting up there today (and saw the tracks of the person mentioned in the last post). While it is possible to go upstream and cross where there is still ice, once the ice thaws I think it will not be passable; the water is just too deep. I'm curious where the reroute will be since continuing up the south side of the canyon eventually leads to some serious bluffs. My (untrained) gut feel is the only way to guarantee access is a bridge, which, given the width of the stream bed and the depth of the mud, is not a trivial project. Or, you could drop in off of 96 way further up, but those arroyos have some serious steep banks, so, again, not a trivial project.
    Please don't "scout" any new trails for VooDoo. The trails club has a trail planned and GPS'd. We are just waiting for approval. Updates will be given. We would appreciate cooperation with all trail users. Please don't make new trails to get to VooDoo. Patience my friends. We will be going out Feb. 25th with the park manager. We will have word after that date. Please bear with us. Ride on!

mtbr member
    Drove down to Pueblo from Denver today and man, what a fun ride. Twas my first ride down there and the weather was absolutely perfect. Not a cloud in the sky, mid 50s to mid 60s all day and very little wind in the canyons.

Other than a boring 4 mile ride on Cuatro Sinko (our map was not drawn to scale and we thought it would be a quick run back up to Roller Coaster. oops), 2 flats in 5 minutes (thanks to the cool guy on the '08 575 who stopped and gave us his patch kit when we couldnt find ours) and a broken chain, it was an absolute blast.

Started off with Dead Dog and Lower Dog and went on South Shore to Cuatro Sinko. Then at the red gate, we hit Roller Coaster and took it to Broken Hip, where we stopped at the Lower Dog point and went back up and rode down Skull Canyon, definitely my favorite section of the trail. Then we rode up Free Ride (I have GOT to try this coming down next time, it looked like a blast) and over to Hooters Canyon which scared the living crap out of me as I hike-a-bike'd most of the first section for fear of dying on my first ride of the season. Ended going up (climbing and walking) up Watertower back to Arkansas Point and to the car. So much fun and well worth the 2 hour drive to get down there.

Anyways, what good is a ride report without some pictures?

Me, somewhere on Broken Hip

and my buddy on the same jump:

Reaching the end of 100mm on one of the very few bright spots of Cuatro Sinko

Rollercoaster

There are so many more trails we didnt get to hit. man it feels good to get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Other than a boring 4 mile ride on Cuatro Sinko

Gotta ride "down" Cuatro Cinko, much more fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Yeah, it was really nice down there today. Trails were in good condition, the sun was out, and the wind wasn't howling at 40pmh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast