Yappy little dog!

Another new way to deal with equestrians

Government Legalizes Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption

Author: madeline bernstein
    Published: November 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Horse slaughter plants are legal again in the United States. Restrictions on horse meat processing for human consumption have been lifted.

In a bipartisan effort, the House of Representatives and the United States Senate approved the Conference Committee report on spending bill H2112, which among other things, funds the United States Department of Agriculture. On November 18th, as the country was celebrating Thanksgiving, President Obama signed a law, allowing Americans to kill and eat horses. Essentially, one turkey was pardoned in the presence of worldwide media while in the shadows, buried under pages of fiscal regulation, millions of horses were sentenced to death.

Horse slaughter has been prohibited in the United States as funding for inspections of horses in transit and at slaughter houses was non-existent. This worked because the horse meat cannot be sold for human consumption without such inspections. The House version of the bill retained the de-funding language and the Senate version did not. The conference committee charged with reconciling the two opted to not include it. The result is that it is now legal to slaughter horses for humans to eat.

Notwithstanding that 70% of Americans oppose horse slaughter, that President Obama made a campaign promise to permanently ban horse slaughter and exports of horses for human consumption (horses can be sent to Mexico and Canada), that documentation of animal cruelty, slaughterhouse stench, fluid runoff and negative community impact exists, it is taxpayers that will bear the costs!

Wyoming state representative Sue Wallis and her pro-slaughter group estimate that between 120,000 and 200,000 horses will be killed for human consumption per year and that Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Georgia and Missouri, are considering opening slaughter plants.

During these trying times, is the only thing that Democrats and Republicans can agree on is that Americans need to eat horses?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    I never would have guessed Argentina as a major horse meat producer since the beef is soooo good down there(best steak I ever had) but look at Mexico at #2.

Anyone want to bet those are US horses taken across the border b/c we had no processing plants here domestically?

It's sweeter than beef like venison so they say.

<table class="wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter"><thead><tr><th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Country</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Animals</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Production in metric tons</th> </tr></thead> <caption>Major Horse meat Production Countries, 2005<sup id="cite_ref-production2005_24-0" class="reference">[25]</sup><sup class="noprint Inline-Template" style="white-space: nowrap;">[dated info]</sup></caption> <tbody> <tr> <td>China</td> <td>1,700,000</td> <td>204,000</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Mexico</td> <td>626,000</td> <td>78,876</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Kazakhstan</td> <td>340,000</td> <td>55,100</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Mongolia</td> <td>310,000</td> <td>38,000</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Argentina</td> <td>255,000</td> <td>55,600</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Italy</td> <td>213,000</td> <td>48,000</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Brazil</td> <td>162,000</td> <td>21,200</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Kyrgyzstan</td> <td>150,000</td> <td>25,000</td> </tr> <tr class="sortbottom"> <td>Worldwide
    Totals
    </td> <td>4,727,829</td> <td>720,168</td></tr></tbody></table>

..ouch
    I've wondered how horse meat would taste every time I have to pay the feedstore bill for my daughter's pony.. hmmmm.

banned
    Oct 2004
    So... what are you saying Schnauzers? Will I be seeing you on the trail like this at a bike/equestrian encounter?

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    So... what are you saying Schnauzers? Will I be seeing you on the trail like this at a bike/equestrian encounter?

That's funny. Just the thought of eating horse meat makes me gag. I suppose if someone slipped it by and said it was lamb, I probably couldn't tell.

Rigid in Evergreen
    This story sounds like a plant by the Adopt an Unwanted Pony Foundation.

mtbr member
    Pretty sad in my opinion that we pay elected officials to waste time on crap like this.
    Last edited by 2wheelsnotfour; 11-30-2011 at 07:08 PM.

will hike for trail
    Apr 2006

Yum

Horse tastes good!

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    Pretty sad in my opinion that we pay elected officials to was time on crap like this.
    To be fair, this was just a tiny little part of a $125.5B annual appropriations bill.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hackmonkey View Post
    Horse tastes good!
    Agreed. I have only had it in Europe, for obvious reasons. But a horse steak in a nice garlic sauce with a Belgian Ale. Tasty.

Hopefully dog food is next.

Chronic 1st-timer

Coming soon to the frozen aisle of your local supermarket.
    Trailwrecker at large

Your bike is incorrigible
    Generally, I just pick the oats out of the horse droppings and eat those. Spare the horses and recycle at the same time is my motto.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    Generally, I just pick the oats out of the horse droppings and eat those. Spare the horses and recycle at the same time is my motto.
    I refer to really hawt weemon as "peanuts" under the same premise, but at least wee bee the same species

I refer to really hawt weemon as "peanuts" under the same premise, but at least wee bee the same species
    Hey, the people in the Nazi death camps did it, so I figure it's good enough for me. Plus, it gets rid of any invasive plant species that might have sneaked into the horsey food.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Hey, the people in the Nazi death camps did it, so I figure it's good enough for me. Plus, it gets rid of any invasive plant species that might have sneaked into the horsey food.
    Man, you invoked the Nazis card pretty quick! This would be an discussion ender, except...
    The only flaws, you're not endangered of being melted and you also have grocery stores...even if they'll start having Seabiscuit (sp?) steaks in the butcher display.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Uh, yeah... Let' me point out an important distinction here. Jews are human beings, like you and me. Horses are livestock, like cows pigs goats sheep birds and deer elk antelope that we already harvest by the million.

WTF? I was raised in a religion effing pretty close to Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by anomad View Post
    Uh, yeah... Let' me point out an important distinction here. Jews are human beings, like you and me. Horses are livestock, like cows pigs goats sheep birds and deer elk antelope that we already harvest by the million.

WTF? I was raised in a religion effing pretty close to Jew.
    Hello, I AM Jewish.

Let me explain. I'm vegetarian. I like the horses, don't mind them on trails. I think it's just as absurd to resort to eating their droppings as eating them. That's my attempt at sarcasm that obviously did not come across. In other words, I'd rather eat the recycled oats than the horse.

Now it's time to bash vegetarians... I've opened two cans of worms.

mtbr member
    Being a vegetarian for health reason is different than being vegetarian for political reasons. Also, a vegetarian diet is not one of necessity, rather one of choice.

I'd say this might go a long way to eliminating the feral horse and burro populations that are destroying natural places in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by rogbie View Post
    I'd say this might go a long way to eliminating the feral horse and burro populations that are destroying natural places in the West.
    Ah, but the burro population in Red Rocks, Nevada is protected. No eating them. Also, the wild horse population on top of Grand Mesa outside of Grand Junction is protected. The only way you're going to get to eat a horse is if you choose to eat Susie the quarter horse who stepped in a prairie dog hole and went lame.

mtbr member
    The feral horses/burros should be eliminated. They cause more harm than their history and heritage make up for. Not to mention the cost for managing the feral horse/burro population is far greater than the amount spent on protecting the endangered species whose habitat the feral animals destroy.

The BLM may as well make a profit off these destructive animals, since they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to manage.

Currently the West is 12,000 animals over its manageable limit. If deer/elk populations were that far over their limits extra hunting licenses would be issued to bring it down, why not the horses as well?

The feral horses/burros should be eliminated. They cause more harm than their history and heritage make up for. Not to mention the cost for managing the feral horse/burro population is far greater than the amount spent on protecting the endangered species whose habitat the feral animals destroy.

The BLM may as well make a profit off these destructive animals, since they cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to manage.

Currently the West is 12,000 animals over its manageable limit. If deer/elk populations were that far over their limits extra hunting licenses would be issued to bring it down, why not the horses as well?
    It's the same damned reason I get in trouble pestering the prairie dogs: people think they're cute. Well, you take a big animal like a horse or burro that people can romanticize about being "wild", and you've got a problem convincing those people that the animals have overpopulated or are causing a lot of destruction. Deer and elk are ubiquitous in the west; therefore, killing a few thousand is not going to make a difference. We'll still see them. But most people believe that horses and burros are limited in number and are in isolated locations (read "far from people"), so they are not causing any problem. Out of sight, out of mind. You don't get many people complaining that the wild horses are eating the bark off their trees and killing them. Put another way, the statistics don't impress unless there is constant, visible evidence.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

banned
    Oct 2004
    So, why is it we here in this nation can become so incensed w/ eating horses and/or dogs and not give a flying phvck about cows, while Hindus get so bent out of shape about cows?

I say, do as my culture does (Chinese)...if it has a circulatory system, it has been in a wok and then a dinner plate at some point in history.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    So, why is it we here in this nation can become so incensed w/ eating horses and/or dogs and not give a flying phvck about cows, while Hindus get so bent out of shape about cows?

I say, do as my culture does (Chinese)...if it has a circulatory system, it has been in a wok and then a dinner plate at some point in history.

mtbr member

conspiracy?

Allowing horses to be slaughtered in the US for human consumption may be a sneaky way to Eventually add Horses to the Endangered Species List and prohibit the killing of horses and end development/exploration on gazillions of acres of public land where said horses roam.

...Naw - I'm sure allowing horses to be slaughtered for human consumptions is all about creating Jobs. Yeah, that's the ticket. Forget about what I wrote above - go Occupy a Horse.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    His culture has a few thousand years on yours.. they've had time to figure out recipes for more stuff.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Associating "success" to humans is a bit premature, yeah?

I'd use "lucky".

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Associating "success" to humans is a bit premature, yeah?

I'd use "lucky".
    Well, when it comes down to evolution, "success" and "luck" are interchangable nouns, dontcha think?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another new way to deal with equestrians-idiocracy-poster.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i wish someone with a brain would go work in washington.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Well, when it comes down to evolution, "success" and "luck" are interchangable nouns, dontcha think?
    By success, I thought you were referring to things we humans have done, or not done, to promote or demote the propagation of the species. By this metric, I'd say we're fertile...you know, vagina == clown cars...and not so much on success. And, what we're doing to the planet is basically the same as taking a dump on our own dinner plate. So, I'm on the page that the jury is still out on success.

By luck, I mean things like 2005 YU55. We came out of last of the 5 known E.L.E.s and nothing super big has hit us in a while. That huge hole in AZ is rumored to have been made by something only 100ft in diameter (or was it 100m?)... Anyway, it won't take a very big rock to end us...and there are a lot of big rocks floating out there.

But back on pony steaks...who knows, maybe it'll taste good. Considering how many other nations around the world eat it, maybe they know something we don't. Hell, how do you tell a Hindu that a shredded beef burrito smothered in green chili is just bomb-diggidy?! I mean, who woulda thunk emus are tasty!?

Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown View Post
    You may get your wish. Picture this:

Newt rides his stallion up onto the platform to be sworn in. He takes the oath of office. Then he immediately consumes his stallion. Everyone claps and whistles.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    By success, I thought you were referring to things we humans have done, or not done, to promote or demote the propagation of the species. By this metric, I'd say we're fertile...you know, vagina == clown cars...and not so much on success. And, what we're doing to the planet is basically the same as taking a dump on our own dinner plate. So, I'm on the page that the jury is still out on success.
    I'd say your definition of evolutionary "success" is way too narrow.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    You may get your wish. Picture this:

Newt rides his stallion up onto the platform to be sworn in. He takes the oath of office. Then he immediately consumes his stallion. Everyone claps and whistles.
    If he promises to do this, he has my vote on pure shock factor alone!! However, he must marry, then divorce or cheat on the horse first.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Quote Originally Posted by snigs View Post
    If he promises to do this, he has my vote on pure shock factor alone!! However, he must marry, then divorce or cheat on the horse first.
    Can the horse be on its deathbed with cancer? If so, then it's ok.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown View Post
    Yeah, good luck there!
    Oh wait, I'll write in SS, yeah?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Yeah, good luck there!
    Oh wait, I'll write in SS, yeah?
    I'm not going anywhere f**king *near* Washington. You get some other dumba$$ to go.

banned
    Oct 2004
    I'm not going anywhere f**king *near* Washington. You get some other dumba$$ to go.
    See getupgetdown, anyone w/ 1/2 a brain will have this kind of response. SS!

banned
    Also, the wild horse population on top of Grand Mesa outside of Grand Junction is protected.
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

There is no wild horse herd on the Grand Mesa.

There is one on the Little Bookcliffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

There is no wild horse herd on the Grand Mesa.

There is one on the Little Bookcliffs though.
    Grand Mesa, Bookcliffs, Unaweep, what's the difference?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm sorry, sir, your answer was not correct==Alex "chickenman" Trabek.

mtbr member
    It's the same damned reason I get in trouble pestering the prairie dogs: people think they're cute. Well, you take a big animal like a horse or burro that people can romanticize about being "wild", and you've got a problem convincing those people that the animals have overpopulated or are causing a lot of destruction. Deer and elk are ubiquitous in the west; therefore, killing a few thousand is not going to make a difference. We'll still see them. But most people believe that horses and burros are limited in number and are in isolated locations (read "far from people"), so they are not causing any problem. Out of sight, out of mind. You don't get many people complaining that the wild horses are eating the bark off their trees and killing them. Put another way, the statistics don't impress unless there is constant, visible evidence.
    You're right about the romanticizing of the feral horses/burros. Part of that comes from the official name of "wild". There is a large difference between "wild" and feral. As for their heritage and history, horses and burros are turned loose by owners unable to care for them, every year. The notion that these horses are descendants from Spanish horses of the 1500s is plain wrong. There may be some ties, but at this point the genes are so watered down.

As for prairie dogs, they need the protection. They are wild animals. Also, they are a keystone species (they being near the bottom of the food web). That fact and the fact that the black-tailed prairie dog is no longer present in 98% of it original habitat, mean they need protection. Not to mention the yearly budget for managing a feral animal outweighs the spending spent on protecting endangered/threatened/species of concern (the 5 species of prairie dogs, sage grouse, black footed ferret, and the disappearing flora of those animals' habitats).

Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    I'm sorry, sir, your answer was not correct==Alex "chickenman" Trabek.
    They migrated since I lived there a million years ago. That's my excuse for getting it wrong.

mtbr member
    The difference is geologic and spans hundreds of millions of years.

Grand Mesa: Tertiary basalt flows (~10 Mya).

Bookcliffs, Unaweep Canyon: primarily Cretaceous sedimentary facies (~145-65 Mya).

banned
    thanks rog^

as for brokedork/immaturd, thanks for moar lulz

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    anytime, loser.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hey chickenpoop, you must not have seen it, but they're making fun of you over on the BCOS thread. You better get over there and say something unintelligible to make yourself look even dumber. Have a nice one.

Oh, So Interesting!
    thanks rog^

There's a button under the username for reporting posts.

If everyone hits that button enough when ChickenDork violates TOU, which he does on most of his posts, maybe 2Melow will stop being so mellow and ban this waste of bandwidth

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

banned
    Oct 2004
    thanks rog^

The Pa1sy musta been acting up, but my engrish can't make heads/tails of this Chicken scratch

lucky enough
    The notion that these horses are descendants from Spanish horses of the 1500s is plain wrong. There may be some ties, but at this point the genes are so watered down.
    It depends on the herd. There are some herds that still have close genetic ties to the Spanish horses.
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    There's a button under the username for reporting posts.

If everyone hits that button enough when ChickenDork violates TOU, which he does on most of his posts, maybe 2Melow will stop being so mellow and ban this waste of bandwidth
    That button works in all directions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cocavaak View Post
    It depends on the herd. There are some herds that still have close genetic ties to the Spanish horses.
    Those herds, however, represent a very small minority of all the feral horses in this country. And does nothing to negate the negative impacts of these animals.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by snigs View Post
    Good article.

It's interesting that horse owners/breeders are in favor of horse slaughter, currently it costs them money to get rid of excess horse population which encourages horses to be abandoned and/or poorly treated.

I've never tried (eating) horses, I have mixed feelings about it. They're not as dumb as cattle or (Karate)chickens.

lucky enough
    [QUOTE=Another new way to deal with equestrians.[/QUOTE]

Mitch, I'm sure you were just trying to be funny with your title, but I find it deeply offensive. How would you like it if someone started talking about eating schnauzers?
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Mitch, I'm sure you were just trying to be funny with your title, but I find it deeply offensive. How would you like it if someone started talking about eating schnauzers?
    Mmm... BBQ doggie...

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbiter View Post
    That button works in all directions.
    You and KC have been the instigators, I will feel free to poke fun at both of you unless and until the rules are enforced.

The big difference here is that I DON"T insult other people randomly, and I don't troll. You and KC do and you both have nothing to contribute to the sport of mt.biking or it'sdiscussion. I've never seen you help anyone here, or offer your opinion about mt. biking in any way shape or form. I don't think you actually ride a mt.bike, you are probably a fat dude sitting in his mom's basement with nothing better to do than waste our oxygen.

mtbr member
    They're not as dumb as cattle or (Karate)chickens.
    Chickens are one of the most merciless and brutal of domesticated animals. They are, after all, descendants of dinosaurs.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    You and KC have been the instigators, I will feel free to poke fun at both of you unless and until the rules are enforced.

The big difference here is that I DON"T insult other people randomly, and I don't troll. You and KC do and you both have nothing to contribute to the sport of mt.biking or it'sdiscussion. I've never seen you help anyone here, or offer your opinion about mt. biking in any way shape or form. I don't think you actually ride a mt.bike, you are probably a fat dude sitting in his mom's basement with nothing better to do than waste our oxygen.
    You're new to the intarwebz?

banned
    Mmm... BBQ doggie...
    just add bacon, right?

oh yeah, moarl lulz plz davecretin113 and brokedork/immaturd

btw, brokedork/immatud, why don't you "turn yourself in" for multiple logins? that'd be a hoot

lulz @ tha hypocrites

mtbr member

The contradictions, Batman! Let's dissect your previous statements: "I will feel free to poke fun..." then you say, "I don't[sic] insult other people..." "Poke fun at" is a meliorated form of "insult". Lastly, you make a gross assumption about my physical appearance, my economic status, and my unalienable right to breathe "oxygen" (which is mostly nitrogen).

I may challenge peoples' ideas and actions, but I try to avoid pejoratives. Unlike yourself, who refers to women as "chicks" (really, ask the women in your life how they feel when they are referred to in that way) and implies my life is worth less than yours ("waste of our oxygen"). By the way, is that "waste of oxygen" your only insult? You've used it on me, at least, twice.

As for contributing to the content of this forum:

Best tire for the front range: one made of rubber and fiber, that is round, and probably has a tread pattern of some sort.

Best fork for the Front Range: one with lowers, uppers, and squishy interiors.

Best bike for the Front Range: any bike.

Best trails on the Front Range: any surface on which one can ride any bicycle.

At least we agree on one thing: riding bikes is fun.

banned
    pwned^ lulz

mtbr member
    I just noticed this: "Originally Posted by rugbiter" from post #57.

Do you really think it is acceptable to use a word like that? The implications of that word are extremely derogatory. Challenging someone's sexual identity is one of the lowest forms of verbal attack. This is 2011, almost 2012, get that through your head. You have no justification for your word choice. You, absolutely, cannot call someone a "rugbiter" then accuse them of insulting you and claim you "DON"T insult other people." You are a very deplorable person who is extremely shortsighted and narrow minded.

**** you!

Oh, So Interesting!
    I just noticed this: "Originally Posted by rugbiter" from post #57.

Do you really think it is acceptable to use a word like that? The implications of that word are extremely derogatory. Challenging someone's sexual identity is one of the lowest forms of verbal attack. This is 2011, almost 2012, get that through your head. You have no justification for your word choice. You, absolutely, cannot call someone a "rugbiter" then accuse them of insulting you and claim you "DON"T insult other people." You are a very deplorable person who is extremely shortsighted and narrow minded.

**** you!
    F-me?

And you accuse me of hypocracy?

My view is that you or KC respond to every post I make and are trolls. If you're going to continuously insult me, you should expect the same back in turn. The mods have not responded to my requests to moderate the behavior on this forum, so don't expect me to follow all the rules when you aren't, and the mods won't intervene. If you want to call a truce I'll go along, but that means you have some respect for me and others here. Harassment and trolling as responses to my posts are not acceptable. I would prefer reasonable conversation and respect between members here.

banned

pure gold lulz

banned
    If you want to call a truce I'll go along

even moar lulz

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    F-me?

My view is that you or KC respond to every post I make and are trolls. If you're going to continuously insult me, you should expect the same back in turn. The mods have not responded to my requests to moderate the behavior on this forum, so don't expect me to follow all the rules when you aren't, and the mods won't intervene. If you want to call a truce I'll go along, but that means you have some respect for me and others here. Harassment and trolling as responses to my posts are not acceptable. I would prefer reasonable conversation and respect between members here.
    We need to give them a break. This is probably the only attention they ever get in their pitiful little lives. I would suggest we give them a years subscription to f88me, those guys would eat them alive.

mtbr member
    F-me?

Yeah, **** you, and the bike you rode in on (for bike content).

Telling someone to "**** off" is not an insult, it is a statement of where to place yourself. You used language that was just short of calling me a "******".

If I'm a troll, I may be the worst on the internet. However, I'm smart enough to know, that someone that calls a person a "rugbiter" is, probably, extremely juvenile, ignorant, and bigoted.

All reason and respect in a conversation goes out the window when you call the person a "rugbiter".

friend of Apex
    I like to munch carpet, but I try not to bite...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    Bingo. I think someone is conflating biting the rug with biting the pillow. Maybe it's an insult either way?
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Yeah, **** you, and the bike you rode in on (for bike content).

Telling someone to "**** off" is not an insult, it is a statement of where to place yourself. You used language that was just short of calling me a "******".

If I'm a troll, I may be the worst on the internet. However, I'm smart enough to know, that someone that calls a person a "rugbiter" is, probably, extremely juvenile, ignorant, and bigoted.

All reason and respect in a conversation goes out the window when you call the person a "rugbiter".

I guess KC is the only one allowed to come up with insulting usernames...

Oh, So Interesting!
    We need to give them a break. This is probably the only attention they ever get in their pitiful little lives. I would suggest we give them a years subscription to f88me, those guys would eat them alive.
    I feel bad... like I just slapped a toddler or something...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Ignore List works for me. Try it, davec, you'll like it. Fer instance, I haven't read a KC post in weeks. They just don't even appear so that I then have to ignore them.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Ignore List works for me. Try it, davec, you'll like it. Fer instance, I haven't read a KC post in weeks. They just don't even appear so that I then have to ignore them.
    Yea, but then you miss all the lulzzzzzzz, fail stuff. He is so articulate, it fascinates me.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    You're a scholar and a gentleman; +1 rep!

Yappy little dog!
    Really? The title upset you?

At least I was kind enough to change the article's title. It originally read, "Obama Legalizes...". When I read the article, it was a bipartisan deal, so I took the liberty of changing it to "Government". See, I'm fair and balanced.

I still think the title of the thread was cute sarcasm.

Eating Schnauzers would be kind of silly, but if that's what floats your boat I won't judge you.

Have a good weekend. I'm off to Glenwood Springs to make some money, drink some beer, and soak my dirty arse in the giant hot tub.

Yappy little dog!
    Umm... Half of those guys are already in this forum.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Yeah, but you still see them in the quoted replies. So, it's like you read them anyway.

Why the hell can't I use the F word? It drives me crazy. I can use all sorts of foul language on another forum I frequent. It seems very prudish to ban the use of expletives.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Oh, sorry, I should have checked with the master before I posted that. I'll be sure to run it by you next time, say Hi to chickenpoop for me.

banned
    lulz...cluebies are hilarious

great thread, would recommend

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yeah, but you still see them in the quoted replies. So, it's like you read them anyway.
    I've trained myself well, I don't look at quoted replies.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF View Post
    Bingo. I think someone is conflating biting the rug with biting the pillow. Maybe it's an insult either way?
    I hereby define rugbiter as a pillowbiter that was not given the courtesy of a pillow.

banned

..ouch
    R.I.P. Lulz. Exactly where it belongs.

Stiff yet compliant
    I use horses to decorate my car.

WARNING! do not click this link.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    R.I.P. Lulz. Exactly where it belongs.
    this thread?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I will add this relevant information. The horses that will be slaughtered in the U.S. are the same horses that were being slaughtered before this legislation. Which is to say populations that need culling due to overgrazing. Under the well meaning but but self-defeating ban horses were loaded onto ships for a voyage across the pacific to Asian markets where they were slaughtered. Killing a horse in this country in a human and usda inspected process is much better than allowing them to starve on overgrazed land or shoving them in a boat. It's a matter of how do you want the horse to die, not if.

mtbr member
    I hereby define rugbiter as a pillowbiter that was not given the courtesy of a pillow.
    There's is no humor in that statement: just ignorance and bigotry.

Did you ask the women in your life how they feel when you refer to them as "chicks"? Or have you asked a gay man or woman how it makes them feel when you say things like "rugbiter" and "pillowbiter"?

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbiter View Post
    There's is no humor in that statement: just ignorance and bigotry.

Did you ask the women in your life how they feel when you refer to them as "chicks"? Or have you asked a gay man or woman how it makes them feel when you say things like "rugbiter" and "pillowbiter"?
    Did you give even the tiniest thought to how I might feel when you were being a huge d-bag TROLL when I asked for advise about red light camera tickets?

What goes around comes around. Did you ever hear of the "golden rule"? Didn't think so...

banned
    lulz^

want toejam with that foot, davecretin113?

mtbr member
    Did you give even the tiniest thought to how I might feel when you were being a huge d-bag TROLL when I asked for advise about red light camera tickets?

What goes around comes around. Did you ever hear of the "golden rule"? Didn't think so...
    You might want to go back and re-read that thread. I merely pointed out the contradiction of complaining about breaking the law and getting caught. That makes me neither a "d-bag" or a "troll". Holding a mirror up to a situation is one way to gain perspective. Calling women "chicks" and calling people "rugbiters" and "pillowbiters" is acts worthy of the title ******-bag. So, please stop projecting your feelings about yourself on others. And, really, please learn what an internet troll is.

Stand back
    nm...
    Last edited by dbabuser; 12-05-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogbiter View Post
    You might want to go back and re-read that thread. I merely pointed out the contradiction of complaining about breaking the law and getting caught. That makes me neither a "d-bag" or a "troll". Holding a mirror up to a situation is one way to gain perspective. Calling women "chicks" and calling people "rugbiters" and "pillowbiters" is acts worthy of the title ******-bag. So, please stop projecting your feelings about yourself on others. And, really, please learn what an internet troll is.
    Hahahahahaha... you STILL don't understand that I DID NOT break the law I was accused of! I was making a right hand turn on red (which is legal if you didn't know) and was accused of running the light, which means blowing STRAIGHT through it. I can't understand how you never got that?

Anyway, you aren't really worth the energy to respond anymore, but thanks for the entertainment...

I've never tried (eating) horses, I have mixed feelings about it. They're not as dumb as cattle or (Karate)chickens.
    if there's a direct relationship between being stupid and being socially acceptable to eat......shouldn't we just slaughter and eat all of congress?

banned

mtbr member
    Hahahahahaha... you STILL don't understand that I DID NOT break the law I was accused of! I was making a right hand turn on red (which is legal if you didn't know) and was accused of running the light, which means blowing STRAIGHT through it. I can't understand how you never got that?

Anyway, you aren't really worth the energy to respond anymore, but thanks for the entertainment...
    Not stopping behind the 24" wide stripe that designates the cross walk is considered running a red light. I guess you don't get that part of the law.

@dbabuser:

There is a difference between a group meliorating a pejorative than a person not of that group using the term in the pejorative, e.g. same sex groups using terms like "dyke" and "****" and women calling themselves "chicks". Calling someone "a holier than thou preacher" and "self-righteous" serves only to deflect the argument into a personal conflict.

banned
    Limit Line FAIL

for tha lulz