Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Another "Bike thieves ________" thread

Had someone break into the garage last night and make off with some stuff. We're doing all the normal watching, but thought I'd throw out a few things to be on the lookout for:

1) 2011Medium Trek Session 8 full Shimano Saint and Fox Build, Bontrager rims and G4 tires

2) 2010 Yeti Carbon 5 medium, Aaron Gwin's old bike still has his name sticker on it, full XTR/Fox build kit, Schwalbe rubber

3) 25th Anniversary Yeti 575, turq/yellow with the turn fork, Shimano/fox build kit

4) 2010 Yeti DJ black fox/shimano build kit with black bars and black 831 up front

Also took Matt's tub with all of his riding gear, new bell x-9 moto helmet, ODI/Trek jerseys, gloves, shoes....

If you see any of this please let me know so my friend Sig Sauer and I can go check it out

Thanks,

Scott

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    low life vermin and scum. That is a HUGE loss. If you and your friend Sig meet up with 'em, kneecap 'em first. Dyin' fast would be way too good for these pukes.

Couple of those rides would be pretty hard to miss - hopefully they show up.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Sorry, doc... I'll keep my eyes peeled for those Yeti gems. I'll watch for the Trek, too, but probably wouldn't recognize it as easily as the others. Some punk has a serious a$$-kickin' comin to him. Happy to go with you and Sig to collect the bike(s) if you find the culprits!

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by doc gravity View Post
    Had someone break into the garage last night and make off with some stuff.
    Some stuff ?
    Holy carp. Dude musta known what you had. I suspect an inside job.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    Some stuff ?
    Holy carp. Dude musta known what you had. I suspect an inside job.
    2nd that. Some one ready to head off with 4 bikes plus gear had to know what they were looking for.

Scott that $@!%ing blows. I've had 1 bike stolen from me and I was swearing for days, I can't imagine 4 at one time.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    "some stuff" sounded better than "everything but my world cup", very wierd they even took Matt's dirty riding gear. May have to cap anyone I see looking iinto the garage, just as a warning to the others.
    Even if it's important stuff, it's just stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doc gravity View Post
    "some stuff" sounded better than "everything but my world cup", very wierd they even took Matt's dirty riding gear. May have to cap anyone I see looking iinto the garage, just as a warning to the others.
    Even if it's important stuff, it's just stuff
    I hope you and your friend Sig are able to make a lower spinal tap when you find the fvcker, so a colostomy bag will be required for the rest of your thief's life!

Is there any way for you to post a pic of your insurance adjuster's facial expression after he/she sees your claim/parts list?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    I hope you and your friend Sig are able to make a lower spinal tap when you find the fvcker, so a colostomy bag will be required for the rest of your thief's life!

Is there any way for you to post a pic of your insurance adjuster's facial expression after he/she sees your claim/parts list?
    The look on his face would be good, problem is it's offset by the look on my face each january when he sends me the bill for a rider on my homeowner's policy to cover that much in bikes.

Gut-shooting him is also a nice touch, tough to one-up that one! I suppose blowing his junk off so he has to self catherize himself and change a colosotomy bag is about the best I could do. I'll probably just sick Matt on him, he might be able to outshoot me anyway...

Thanks for the brightest spot to the day so far

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Justice, Pulp Fiction style and po'd bike messenger style

and

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    If you can, avoid putting anything of real value aside from an automobile in a garage. Garages just make it too easy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I fantasize about vigilante justice and putting multiple 230 grain hollow points where it counts.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure those bros in the second video faced assault charges for that incident. I don't condone vigilante justice, but if you do it don't let your friends videotape it.

With this shape uptake in thefts I think there is a new bike theft ring in town. A ring that knows what they are looking for.

boxcar
    So bummed to hear this doc. will keep my eyes peeled. good luck.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    If you can, avoid putting anything of real value aside from an automobile in a garage. Garages just make it too easy.

That sucks, Doc. Hopefully justice will be served.

It's time for a road trip
    Dec 2011
    Wow that sucks. Will keep an eye open on this side of town for 'em.

bike rider
    Sorry to hear that. When I saw the Yeti DJ bike on the list I made the connection that you're the "Doc" who races MSC. Good luck getting your stuff back.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Amazing day.

Courtesy of the Douglas County Sherrif's office, They found all 4 of our bikes amongst a bunch of other stolen stuff. Didn't even hold them for evidence. released them back to us this evening. I'd absolutely figured they were long gone.

Thanks to all for any psychic contributions to this most unforeseen turn of events.

Didn't get to act out any of the vigilante justice scenes that sounded so good at the time, but we were able to get our stuff back (most of it, lost some little stuff but got the bikes).

The deputy even recognized the Carbon 5: "Gwin? Like Aaron Gwin?"

Scott

gotta get up to get down
    what!? Holy ****! AWESOME!!!!!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Oh HELL YES! Great news, doc!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Awesome news. Although my friend Kimber and I were ready to join the posse

boxcar
    Great news Doc! Congratulations...stoked for you guys!

I work in .001 tolerances
    How Awesome!

So nice to hear this, instead of the usual losses.

Ride on Doc!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You had to go to overtime but you got a win.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

<100%
    That's great! Did the catch the people who did it or just find the bikes?

Out Of Control
    Great news Scott Hope they stick it to the dirt bags!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast