mutaullyassuredsuffering

Angel Fire XC Beta?

It's almost time! Can anyone help me out with a little info to get myself and the bike ready?

Vertical ft?
    Distance?
    Number of loops for sport?
    Up and down vs. rolling terrain?
    One big rockgarden or consistent techy stuff?
    Sharp rocks (sidewall killers)?

Thanks!

People of zee wurl,Relax!

I want to know

I also want to know how many laps for Sport class. Expert is 2 laps of 9 miles each. I may race my singlespeed and want to know if that is 1 or 2 laps. Sounds like a killer course this year.

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by trail topher
    I also want to know how many laps for Sport class. Expert is 2 laps of 9 miles each. I may race my singlespeed and want to know if that is 1 or 2 laps. Sounds like a killer course this year.
    If you race the SS class then you will get 2 laps but if you race your SS in the sport class then I would guess you will get 1 lap.
    all single...all the time

People of zee wurl,Relax!

Anyone else racing SS?

I also posted this in the singlespeed forum. Just curious who else will be racing on their singlespeeds at Angel Fire. It was pretty brutal last year on my geared full suspension bike but I climb faster on my SS.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

1 lap?

Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    If you race the SS class then you will get 2 laps but if you race your SS in the sport class then I would guess you will get 1 lap.
    8-9 miles total? Wouldn't that be a bit short for Sport? I wonder if the course is different for sport with a cutoff or something?

i took the wheels home

guessing on this but...

If Cycle Cyndicate is using the same course as last year, which was also the World Cup course, and if I remember correctly then here are some numbers...

There are two loops to this course... a long loop and a short loop...

The long loop is around 6.5-7 miles

The short loop is about 4.5-5 miles

Sport racers did one lap of each.

This course is a really good and challenging XC race course. There are some steeper climbs, some techy uphills and lava rocks in the course and then some really top notch dirt and root filled switchbacks in the tree covered areas on the descent. It's a fun one and I am a sad that I have to miss out on Angel Fire because the courses are prety dang sweet. I would also expect that there might be a fair share of mud in parts because it is so early in the summer that the snowmelt will be pretty high. YEEHAW.

Have fun.