The 5th knuckle

Alternate reality - The FIFO ZONE

Not totally sure why I did it. The text came in last night around 6 last night. Sitting there bored at a scout pack meeting and I fell for it, I replied. Crap, now what do I do. I haven't woke up before 8 in over a year and not really sure what a sunrise looks like anymore. I committed myself and was stuck with the decision. Ride rolls at 5am. 45 minute drive to Green Mountain. Need to get up dress feed myself something out the door at 4am. Set the alarm for 3:15 it is.

Holy crap 3:15 came quicker than a kid at the katy Perry concert this morning. And to think I used to do this three times a week. My job must have really sucked that I needed to ride and put myself in a good mood before I could show up. You know what, I HAD A GREAT TIME. Got the opportunity to see the old crew and ride that baby head infested, no traction, suck ass climb, rolling vibrator called Green Mountain. Learned a few things. I don't have the legs to ride at the front of the group the whole climb. I don't have the legs to grind in the middle of group. I brought a knife to a gun fight. A SS in a group of super low geared FS bikes = hang out in the back. Let them get away, reel them in. Let them get away, reel them in. Don't blow up in the process.

I tried to take more crappy cell pics than I did but was having way too much fun. Maybe a once every two week thing is in order.

Alternate reality - The FIFO ZONE-f2_001.jpg
    Alternate reality - The FIFO ZONE-f2_002.jpg
    Alternate reality - The FIFO ZONE-f2_003.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

I work in .001 tolerances
    Happy Friday Jay! Thanks for the stoke

mtbr member
    Sweet!!!!

Light freak
    Thanks for coming up JRock, it was great to see and ride with you again! Had a full crew with 6 guys this morning. We have not FIFO'd Big Green for over 3 years or more, was fun.

old skool newbie
    Holy crap, 3:15. That's like waking up before you go to sleep. Although it sure does make the rest of the day a lot more bearable after a ride. And after a year of bashing the bobble heads with that belt driven beer bike you'll be bad ass.
    My pictures in the dark never turn out well.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Not up before 8 in over a year?? Then who is this imposter that shows up at my house at 6:00 am??!!!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Thanks for coming up JRock, it was great to see and ride with you again! Had a full crew with 6 guys this morning. We have not FIFO'd Big Green for over 3 years or more, was fun.
    Going to have to shoot for a bi-monthly appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Holy crap, 3:15. That's like waking up before you go to sleep. Although it sure does make the rest of the day a lot more bearable after a ride. And after a year of bashing the bobble heads with that belt driven beer bike you'll be bad ass. My pictures in the dark never turn out well.
    Some how a little HAB seemed like a relief from the punishment. Don't tell XCGuy, it's a phone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    Not up before 8 in over a year?? Then who is this imposter that shows up at my house at 6:00 am??!!!
    OK- We did do a Ridgeline FIFO at 6 but I woke up at 5:45. 3:15 was just harsh. Next Wednesday 6 again? Weather should be OK by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    ...baby head infested, no traction, suck ass climb, rolling vibrator called Green Mountain.
    Priceless.
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."