mtbr member
    Aug 2006

All Mountain riding at Sol Vista and Winter Park

I'm looking for something similar to PBR in Fruita. Something downhill oriented but something I can take my Kona Dawg on.

I've been looking at Sol Vista and Trestle maps but just wanted to get someone's opinion before I went to either.

mtbr member
    Here is a review of your Bike
    Kona Dawg All Mountain Full Suspension Reviews

Hope that helps answer your ?? on will it work ?
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

Living the High Life
    Keystone greens and blues are all single track, worth checking out for a day. Vail has some loops up top and the '94 Worlds course is fun single track, also worth checking out. WP blues are more small jumps and easy wood features. Sol Vista has much shorter runs than the other 3 but they are fun.

Actually all 4 places have xc loops/trails that start on top of the mountain and eventually end at the bottom. Not typically useful for a full on DH bike but will work with that Kona.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    You would be able to ride all of the greens and blues at both mountains on your dawg. I've never ridden PBR, but I'd be willing to bet that Silky Johnson at Granby Ranch (FKA Sol Vista) would put a big smile on your face.

Thread Terrorist
    There is nothing at Keystone that resembles PBR, or Vail for that matter.

OP: Trestle is laced with things like PBR. For easy stuff, Green world top to bottom is a mellow and more spread out version of PBR. Move up to Rain Maker, and you've got a big boy version of PBR, top to bottom.
    Silky Johnson is about the on par version of PBR. Perhaps the same length, but a bit more amplified.

PBR is fun, but is still too new with moon dust. Once a little water and riders pack it down, it will be dialed. You won't see anywhere the amount of loose dirt/dust on the aforementioned trails.

You may also want to check out a few bike parks. Frisco Bike Park has easy, medium and hard lines that are close to PBR. Same with Valmont. Golden Bike Park also has a flow line trail as well.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Trestle is a great park for all mtn type riding. I actually like riding my 6" bike there better than the DH. One of my favorite loops there is Lower Roof of the Rockies to Fantasy Meadow to Mountain Goat to Little Vasquez to Lower Arapahoe to Green Word back to the resort. A bit of climbing involved, plus a boring (Little Vasquez) service road, but the rest is super fun, especially Mountain Goat

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure View Post

OP: Trestle is laced with things like PBR. For easy stuff, Green world top to bottom is a mellow and more spread out version of PBR. Move up to Rain Maker, and you've got a big boy version of PBR, top to bottom.
    Silky Johnson is about the on par version of PBR. Perhaps the same length, but a bit more amplified.

PBR is fun, but is still too new with moon dust. Once a little water and riders pack it down, it will be dialed. You won't see anywhere the amount of loose dirt/dust on the aforementioned trails.

You may also want to check out a few bike parks. Frisco Bike Park has easy, medium and hard lines that are close to PBR. Same with Valmont. Golden Bike Park also has a flow line trail as well.
    Sounds awesome. I get free lift tickets to Trestle and Granby Ranch so I now that I know for a fact that there is stuff I can do, I will be taking full advantage of both places.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    well, hook up the lift tickets!

mtbr member
    You are good at both places. A little Silky Johnson as mentioned above is good for anyone's soul. Trestle has something for everyone too. Just bury that seatpost and enjoy the ride.....

Living the High Life
    Yeah that's true. But why limit riding to one style? I figured it best to inform him of all the options out there.

gotta get up to get down
    Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    A little Silky Johnson is good for anyone's soul.
    AMEN.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Yeah that's true. But why limit riding to one style? I figured it best to inform him of all the options out there.
    The question and issue was based on what runs were like PBR. Not about looking for something different.

I was trying to answer the OP's question, not tell him to go pound sand and try something else.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Living the High Life
    I was trying to answer the OP's question.
    Dude it's The Internet. Ask some one about bike tires and they'll explain fluid mechanics to you. Then they'll post pics of Biker Fox. Not that I would know...