mtbr member
    Jan 2004

All Mountain Dakota Ridge/MW race?

Just thinking out loud, would JeffCo ever allow an all mountain type race on top of Dakota ridge? I'm thinking with all that's going on with Apex that JeffCo would be very resaitant to this type of race. The thinking was a mass/uncompetitive ride to the middle of the Ridge.Then a time trial start until you get to the all down to either the road or continue on to the other side of the ridge down to CR 93. Not sure were the end would be. Be kind of like a very short downieville type race. Maybe you could even through a XC race over a Bear Creek Lake and make were you had to the exact same bike.Good race for that 5in trail 575 type bike. Anyway just a thought could cool but logistacally/red tape make it really hard to pull off.
    Let me know what you think, feel free to flame away

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Bad idea, IMO. The last thing we need to do is engender MORE bad feelings from other user groups...

Living the High Life
    Jeff Co will never alloy any type of race. That would mean letting the trail be bike only, thus shutting the trail down for hikers and horses. Albeit for one day, but non the less it will never happen because it would hinder the other trail users.*

*Note that "hinder the other trail users" only applies when it doesn't apply to mountain bikers.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

flatlander in paradise
    Seems like I've been at Alderfer/3sisters and Elk Meadows on multiple occasions when there were foot races in progress.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycmsu
    Seems like I've been at Alderfer/3sisters and Elk Meadows on multiple occasions when there were foot races in progress.
    Ummm... yeah. I'm pretty sure JeffCo would have no problems with foot races.

Armchair Sasquatcheror
    We did an all mt race on all of those trails this past Saturday? Although I wouldn't call my pace,"race."
    "Put the Fun Between Your Legs."

mtbr member
    I bet if you got a group of septuagenarian lady bird watchers to submit the proposal it would go through no questions asked.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Put together a proposal and submit it. Think through and address as many issues as you can in the proposal. Suggest that some of the profits (if any) can go to trail maintenance or user education. (IE: look at the isses through their eyes as well as your own) What do you have to loose by trying?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    What do you have to loose by trying?
    Quite possibly he'll "loose" the wrath of the Man.

flatlander in paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Ummm... yeah. I'm pretty sure JeffCo would have no problems with foot races.
    I thought we were talking about an all-mountain freestyle walking competition/race.