Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Agressive Rider @ Chimney Gulch and Mt Falcon

All,

FYI to all riders are Chimney Gulch in Golden, CO and Mt Falcon in Morrison, CO. A young "mt biker" in his early 20s has been shuttling the hills at these two locations. The rider ran into a girl at Chimney Gulch this past Wednesday (6/16/10), caused her to stumble off of her bike and she almost fell down the hillside. The girl yelled at him after he passed and he shook his head at her and told her to "F-off". The same rider also told numerous people off after he essentially pushed them off of the trail that day.

When the rider was confronted, he was a real wise ass. He said that he rides these trails late in the day to avoid "mt bikers like you". He was riding Chimney Gulch at 6PM when it had tons of riders in it!!!

Description of the rider to confront:
    The rider is in his 20s and rides a black dirt jump bike. He wears a round style thug-like helmet. His blond haired girlfriend shuttles him numerous times at these locations and she drives an older model (late 80s) white Toyota Camry. The license plate is CO and it is something like 206-TDJ or 207-TDJ. The car has small "Hybrid Synergy Drive" sticker on the back right trunk area... most likely from a Toyota Prius. The car has a roof rack that allows the bike to stand up without the wheel being taken off.

If you see this rider on the trail, give him a true "mt bikers welcome". He rides alone so do not be afraid to confront him. He is a thug that is going to get these trails closed to true mt bikers. If I see him again, I'm going to show him some trailside mt bike respect for everyone!

mtbr member
    i too once saw an aggressive rider - he was riding a mtn bike. I have also seen wild life on a trail - it looked pretty aggressive(and it did not travel alone).

killin clear creek
    What a MORON!!

Everybody knows it's stupid to ride Dh on a dirt jumper!!!

Why, with ALL the user conflict out there on the stinking front range, is there not a SINGLE legal downhill trail anywhere around there? That's the real crime here!

(oh, and the fact that this guys is obviously a tool, you can ride down a hill without running people off the trail!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

Your bike is incorrigible
    Anyone who wears a skate style lid in the summer needs to be knocked off his bike and kicked repeatedly until all his ribs are broken. Then take a dump in his stupid piss pot lid and strap it back on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Anyone who wears a skate style lid period needs to be knocked off his bike and kicked repeatedly until all his ribs are broken. Then take a dump in his stupid piss pot lid and strap it back on.
    fixed

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IFMTBer
    All,
    His blond haired girlfriend shuttles him numerous times at these locations and she drives an older model (late 80s) white Toyota Camry. The license plate is CO and it is something like 206-TDJ or 207-TDJ. The car has small "Hybrid Synergy Drive" sticker on the back right trunk area... most likely from a Toyota Prius. The car has a roof rack that allows the bike to stand up without the wheel being taken off.
    FYI I've seen them at the top of Apex also.

UT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail
    FYI I've seen them at the top of Apex also.

UT
    If this is true, then he's prob. on those hidden cameras. I wonder if there's one of those at the trailhead(s)?

..ouch
    Sounds like the guy's a tool and deserves a good ass whoopin. I'm surprised that no one he told to f-off helped him out with that.

That said, I find your description of a DJ helmet amusing.

gnar, brah
    I like to use round-style thug-like helmets. Good for drinkin 40s on the stoop and poppin caps in whitey. Safety first.
    Trestle Bike Park

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    the OP sounds like a tool also.

percocet pioneer.
    Point taken, but seriously who gives a ****... get over it. Not everybody in this world are princesses...

...look at me..

percocet pioneer.
    p.s. never seen a "thug" on the trails but nice attempt at profiling.

Living the High Life
    The kid probably has no idea about trail rules. He obviously doesn't have any friends since he's riding alone. Maybe he's too super mega bad ass for his friends to keep up.

If some one sees him just try and explain the rules. Swearing and yelling won't solve a thing, he'll just get defensive.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    We saw this dbag last Wed as well. Several of us actually confronted him down in the lot when his girlfriend picked him up. We started by basically telling him to slow down and that at least one of us personally what happened up on the trail as stated already. He wanted no part of a "discussion" and after a couple of minutes took off. We did tell him that we ride there all the time (not really) and will be looking for him to make sure he isn't ramming into people and not apologizing. Several others we were riding with including some begginner ladies also experiened close calls with this idiot.

Bottom line, if you see a yellow skateboard helmeted dbag on a dirt jump bike shuttling any of these trails confront him and remind him of the rules of the trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Skate lids? I thought full faces were the most hated helmets on the front range?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    All some guys will understand is a knuckle sandwich. Gives them time to contemplate the error of their ways as they try to get up off the ground.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

To be continued
    Yeah, that guy was rude! Let's hurt him physically!

Christ, what a stupid thread.
    P3575303RDH

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest3070
    Yeah, that guy was rude! Let's hurt him physically!

Christ, what a stupid thread.
    Well if people try to reason with him several times and he ignores them maybe it should come to that. How do you get him to listen before he stops doing this and really injures some one else?

I'm not sure on this in reality. How do you deal with a person who just won't listen? Can't fix stupid is the saying.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

To be continued
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Well if people try to reason with him several times and he ignores them maybe it should come to that. How do you get him to listen before he stops doing this and really injures some one else?

I'm not sure on this in reality. How do you deal with a person who just won't listen? Can't fix stupid is the saying.
    Yes, if we're to be taken seriously as a usergroup likely the best possible response is violence. I suppose this is what should be done to hikers that mouth off as well, then?
    P3575303RDH

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yes, if we're to be taken seriously as a usergroup likely the best possible response is violence. I suppose this is what should be done to hikers that mouth off as well, then?
    I don't believe violence is ever the answer, but that is a different situation. It's not often that hikers are running downhill so fast that they can really injure somone else. This is why there are rules put up on these public trails. Hikers typically get mad for others for breaking the rules or rules of thumb on the trail (or what they believe the rules should be). This biker is getting mad at people getting mad at him for breaking the rules.

I do hope this isn't a true story, but I don't doubt it either. There are many stupid/ridiculous people out there.

To be continued
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwhine
    I don't believe violence is ever the answer, but that is a different situation. It's not often that hikers are running downhill so fast that they can really injure somone else. This is why there are rules put up on these public trails. Hikers typically get mad for others for breaking the rules or rules of thumb on the trail (or what they believe the rules should be). This biker is getting mad at people getting mad at him for breaking the rules.

I do hope this isn't a true story, but I don't doubt it either. There are many stupid/ridiculous people out there.
    It seems like the solution would be to alert the rangers to this guy, not to escalate the confrontations that are already occuring.

What do I know, though, I've got a skate helmet AND a fullface.
    P3575303RDH

650b me
    OP, thanks for the heads-up. Police from within, as Ithnu says. The best chance of getting through to this guy is for fellow bikers to tell him what he's doing isn't cool. The number of posters to this thread that seem to disagree makes me worry for the future of the Front Range trails...

..ouch
    I suppose this is what should be done to hikers that mouth off as well, then?
    Yes. Any guy that nearly runs my wife off a trail and then tells her to f-off is going to become the recipient of violence.

Save the fuzzy fluffy talk it out crap for your Xanax chewing counseling sessions. There are some things that should be dealt with as men.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    +1

I sure hope this kid does not run a guy's girlfriend/wife/child off the trail because he will probably get his a$$ kicked. I am not saying it's right but I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by golden boy
    OP, thanks for the heads-up. Police from within, as Ithnu says. The best chance of getting through to this guy is for fellow bikers to tell him what he's doing isn't cool. The number of posters to this thread that seem to disagree makes me worry for the future of the Front Range trails...

mtbr member
    How about a nice eye for an eye, next time one of you see him blazing down, turn your bike around, let 'er rip, catch up to him, get on his a$$, then tell him to get the f@#k out of your way. Did that once to a guy who clipped me on a trail in Cali, was super fun, he never saw it coming

There is also the clothesline

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast