Thread: agony of defeat

Team Inflexible

agony of defeat

I was defeated on my ride yesterday. A couple of weekends ago kjbike and I rode to the top of Almagre (12,300ft) and it was amazing. Decided to take a couple of my buddies up there yesterday. We left from town, rode up High Drive, hiked up St Marys, and bonked out about 3 miles from the summit. I over heated and had a vicious headache and nausea. Not to mention a wicked case of monkey butt!

Anyways it was still fun and it never hurts to get beat down once and a while and know your limits.

mtbr member

Monkey butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    ...a wicked case of monkey butt!

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    I was defeated on my ride yesterday. A couple of weekends ago kjbike and I rode to the top of Almagre (12,300ft) and it was amazing. Decided to take a couple of my buddies up there yesterday. We left from town, rode up High Drive, hiked up St Marys, and bonked out about 3 miles from the summit. I over heated and had a vicious headache and nausea. Not to mention a wicked case of monkey butt!

Anyways it was still fun and it never hurts to get beat down once and a while and know your limits.

Maybe you are just getting old...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I rode to the top of Almagre from the intersection of #379 and Gold Camp and just barely made it up--I can't imagine riding up from town! Ironically, that ride was exactly 12 years ago today, and was my original "Celebrate the Solstice" ride. After we were done, we rode down Jones and 666 with the 666 part in full darkness without lights--good stuff!

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I rode to the top of Almagre from the intersection of #379 and Gold Camp and just barely made it up--I can't imagine riding up from town! Ironically, that ride was exactly 12 years ago today, and was my original "Celebrate the Solstice" ride. After we were done, we rode down Jones and 666 with the 666 part in full darkness without lights--good stuff!
    Comming down 666 in the dark is nuts. That trail is full of scree and can get sketch. On a side note I am probably still blown for the Solstice Ride tonight at MH. Sorry dude I was looking forward to it. Have a post ride brew for me.

Candlestick Maker

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Now you've gone soft, riding in the Preserve and finishing before dark so you can consume adult beverages.

Oh wait, maybe you've just gotten smarter!

p.s. my back is much better, however I'm likely stuck being Mr Mom this evening. Have fun at the Solstice ride.
    baker