Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: llama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    610

    After Snow Sojourn...ASS Ride Thursday?

    Anybody up for a night ride on Thursday. With the warm/dry weather, I'm hoping trails will dry out. Might be too soon for Soderburg since a lot of the snow might linger under the forest cover.

    So how about Maxwell, 6pm?

  2. #2
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,190
    Another group, of which I am a member, is discussing a dog park start at 5:30 on Thursday evening. Their plan is to do Pineridge / Maxwell, etc. Could be fun to ride with them and have a decent sized group.

    This is as long as things dry our more. Paved recon mission today showed Pineridge to be closed by the city because of mud, and Maxwell was a sloppy mess with drifts across the top as of 2pm today.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kaba Klaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Another group, of which I am a member, is discussing a dog park start at 5:30 on Thursday evening. Their plan is to do Pineridge / Maxwell, etc. Could be fun to ride with them and have a decent sized group.
    ... and we'll move to Coyote if Maxwell remains sloppy. Start time might move back too. But if we can, then let's combine. I wanted to get both groups connected anyway. Should be a really good fit of interests.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: llama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    610
    Sounds good to me. I can do 5:30. Just post up the final plan. And lets hope it dries out!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kaba Klaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,673
    5:30 pm confirmed. Dog park for now. I'll try and scout tomorrow morning to see if we need to move the location.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

  6. #6
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,190
    Sounds good. Just drove by Pineridge and the gates are open.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,278
    gilbo and I are hitting up Curt Gowdy tomorrow. Hope it's dry.
    Coyote, RimRock was a little mushy in spots, but nothing stuck. Bluesky north was pretty good.

  8. #8
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,190
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    gilbo and I are hitting up Curt Gowdy tomorrow. Hope it's dry.
    Do you get Thursdays off now?


    Just finished riding Maxwell, Shoreline, and a lap at Pineridge. There are a couple of wet spots on Maxwell, but not a problem. Just ride straight through. Timber trail in Pineridge is closed. The rest of the trails were tacky hero dirt. Dog park should be a good place to meet tomorrow evening. See you all at 5:30.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Do you get Thursdays off now?


    Just finished riding Maxwell, Shoreline, and a lap at Pineridge. There are a couple of wet spots on Maxwell, but not a problem. Just ride straight through. Timber trail in Pineridge is closed. The rest of the trails were tacky hero dirt. Dog park should be a good place to meet tomorrow evening. See you all at 5:30.
    Nah. Time off...use or loose it. Have a good ride.

  10. #10
    "Oldfart from Wayback"
    Reputation: onbelaydave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak

    Just finished riding Maxwell, Shoreline, and a lap at Pineridge. Timber trail in Pineridge is closed.

    Good news, but how can you get a lap in at Pineridge if Timber is closed I guess you can lollipop the E side Hogback.
    Last edited by onbelaydave; 11-04-2009 at 06:47 PM.

  11. #11
    FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Reputation: mtn hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    gilbo and I are hitting up Curt Gowdy tomorrow. Hope it's dry.
    .
    I hope it's not!

  12. #12
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,190
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    Good news, but how can you get a lap in at Pineridge if Timber is closed I guess you can lollipop the E side Hogback.
    Loop the lake and south end loop, with valley out and back in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After Snow Sojourn...ASS Ride Thursday?-pineridge.jpg  


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: llama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    610
    good - see you all at 5:30 at the dog park

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •